• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

http://www.pasportsm...e...?f=7&t=5007 I didnt think people actually did this. I wonder if the tomahawk is home made or store bought? Where do I get one?

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

that is an awesome accomplishment I dont understand why all the negative posts though about it like the one saying that there was a bullet hole under the hatchet and in the other pics it was cropped out the picture of it skinned tells you that there is not a hole there and that it was the way the fur was laying. and yes it can be done my brother throws them at rendezvious at 50 yards and hits playing cards with it but dont see how it would penitrate enough to drop her in her tracks maybe 1 lung was hit so that part I am leary of

Edited by irinman2424, 31 December 2008 - 08:42 PM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

If you're serious about wanting a 'hawk...
Hit refresh a few times and click on the "Possible Shop" banner when it comes up.
I know they've got 'em. :)

As to killing a deer with one... You'd better make sure it's legal. After I realized that was a PA hunting forum, I started reading the posts. (There's never been a season or permit for killing deer with a 'hawk in PA.) Sure enough, click to page 3 and 4 on that topic and read the replies. It's a hoax.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:29 PM

I'm quite skeptical. I've thrown a hawk since I was a kid. If I were trying to kill a deer with one, and I'd only do so in a survival situation, I'd aim for the spine.

#5 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:45 PM

Now that would be an awesome video... now if Woodhick tossed one of his axes, the deer would be in two pieces.

Edited by Whistle Pig, 31 December 2008 - 11:48 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:33 AM

Jeff I think 3rivers archery has them also.

Seth that would make for some unsual hunting videos, they might find a market but the PETA folks would be hot on your trail.

Where Bruce and I went black bear hunting in Canada it had the reputation for hunting with a spear, yes black bear with a spear. I guess the original owner had some crazy videos made of it too.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:36 AM

Got news guys, I'm betting that IS another wound under the hawk. Look closely and you can see red meat showing in it. That's not hair laying funny and it's too low and at the wrong angle to be part of the hawk wound. Why doesn't it show up in the skinned carcass? Doesn't anyone notice something else strange? Wellll, take a real close look at both pics. Really you don't even have to look close. In the first pic the wound is on the deer's right hand side. In the pic of it skinned, it apears the carcass is hanging right side up, the head would have been at the top. Now if that's so....THE WOUNDS ON THE WRONG DARN SIDE! You notice the rib cage tapers off noticably towards the bottom and I'm guessing that's the chest on top. Now that's assuming that the cut on the left is where the deer was split down the belly, butttt, if it's the cut where the tenderloin was removed then I'm wrong about the hawks wound being on the wrong side. However, if that's the case, then the pic does conveniently cut off the area right at the point where I believe the other wound to be. Now, he admits that it is an actual wound,if you read further, but says that it's where the bottom of the hawks blade rotated out. Look at it guys. The cut, for one, is running the wrong direction for that, and two, it's to dang low for the bottom of the hawk to have rotated and made it. I don't think a bullet made that bottom wound, but I don't believe the hawk did either. I believe it was made by a two blade broadhead. So guys, is my logic right or what???? I rest my case! :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 01 January 2009 - 10:48 AM.

#8 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

I have been throwing axe in competition since 1980 and we throw 20'. This gentleman said he threw the hawk 50 yrds and I just don't believe that. Sorry. :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users