• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 In-Hoc

In-Hoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:36 AM

I'm looking to change my scope on my Shotgun. I have an older Bushnell Sportview and in real cold weather and rain it will fog up something fierce, and the eye relief is only about 2"-3" I have about $150 to spend on a scope for my Remmington 870. I know that I'm not looking at top quality for the price but I also don't want something that will be worse than what I already have.

Don't get me wrong the scope I have hold true. I have had it mounted on this gun for about 7 years now and each year I think that I have to spend about 15 min and 2-3 shots before it's dialed back in and shooting 3"-4" groups again. I just don't like the fog issue and anti fog and eye relief.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

I have the Bushnell Banner scope for shot guns on my Benelli. It's a 6" eye relief ans 1.75X4 MAG on it with a duplex reticle. I believe I paid way less than $150 for it and it's held up to several boxes of 12ga sabot.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

The best scope I've used in the $150 range is the Nikon ProStaff.

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:29 AM

A great shotgun scope is the Nikon Pro Staff in 2-7x32mm. It has 3.8 inches of eye relief, excellent optics and tuff as nails. Plus it has a life time warranty against anything. I use them on muzzleloaders and they really work good.

Another good one is a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm. While this scope is cheap, costing about $40.00 I have two of them on muzzleloaders and have not been able to break them. I have been shooting some stiff loads too.

Another good one is the Leupold Ultimate Slam. Again, excellent eye relief, excellent optics and for around $200.00. personally the Nikon is about $125.00 and is a great scope. I would go that way. You would never need another one.

Also send that foggy Bushnell back to them. They will fix it.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users