Anyone Ice Fishing?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

Has anyone gone out ice fishing yet? My dad has gone a couple times but hasn't caught much yet.

I haven't been out yet, but hopefully soon. Can't wait to use my dad's Aqua View camera.

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

Matt here in central PA it just has not been cold enough, that and I have never got into ice fishing.
Not that I wouldn't try it I just don't go.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

I miss all the little outhouses on the lake getting out and snowmobiling and having a good time but here in Ohio there is not enough cold weather to get the ice to be able to do it (not around me anyways maybe further up north)
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#4 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

I have been Ice Fishing since December 6th. It's the earliest I've ever started, been out eight times so far. I did well on Crappies earlier but things have been slow lately. I'm going out again tomorrow morning.Posted Image
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#5 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:17 AM

I've been out once the day after Christmas with my cousin who was raised here but now lives in California. He wasn't used to the 10 degree weather and foot of snow on the ground. Anyway, we left early and set up his dad's portable shelter and fished a couple hours. He caught one small perch and I didn't catch anything. The water was clear enough to see fish swimming by and checking out our minnows. It was the first time I've ever really been ice fishing, and I now know that I love it..
-Eric

#6 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

Melody and I are still trying to work up the nerve to check out the action up at 11 Mile Reservoir in South Park county. The guy who has the marina franchise there does ice fishing outfitting and it looks like fun. But it's a big lake and there are no vehicles allowed on the ice to get out to your shanty which makes for a loooooooooooooong walk in and out.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:57 PM

I haven't been ice fishing in years and years and years...heck I didn't have hair on my face but did on the top of my head ;) that was LONG ago.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

I miss all the little outhouses on the lake getting out and snowmobiling and having a good time but here in Ohio there is not enough cold weather to get the ice to be able to do it (not around me anyways maybe further up north)

Central Ohio just gets an inch of ice anymore on its waters. Mostly black ice at that and the news has dogs like labs falling through the ice when we do get some.

Bruce that has to be a very long time ago bud???? 3:) ^_^

Just kidding EH! :peace: Who I'm I kidding I'm catching up with ya. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:28 AM

I have been out several times. We have 14" plus on our lakes here. We have been doing real good. Last week I caught a master angler blue gill. It was 2lbs. The size of a paper plate. My brother in law caught a nice 14" perch. The lake we were fishing got renivated in 04. It had those jumping carp in it so they killed the lake and restocked it with pike and gillies and perch. We used to catch 34 to 40" pike. The ones we caught that day were only 21" to 26" so they are growing. Maybe next year they will be trophys. We ended up catching 40 turbo gillies and that one giant. Other lakes we have been on we have been catching crappies. My brother in law went to a well known walley lake and I haven't heard the report yet.

Steve

#10 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Got a nice slob the other day!
Posted Image
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

I would go but hate chopping the big hole for the boat.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#12 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

I would go but hate chopping the big hole for the boat.

:clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#13 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:22 PM

I'll be back on the ice this year!Posted Image

Theodore Roosevelt

#14 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

I'll be out this winter too. I actually prefer ice fishing over open-water fishing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users