16 replies to this topic

#1 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

I went back to the deer lease in Sonora last weekend...this time I took my little hunting buddy!!! My little girl was soo excited to go to the lease with daddy over her Christmas break.
We got there @ 3 pm -just in time to head to a stand. I had a stand I didn't have a camera on all season-I put a camera on it the last trip 2 weeks prior. Excitedly , we pulled the SD card and went and sat in our blind to look over the pics on a handheld camera. To my amazement there was a long tined, good mass 10 point visiting daily for the last week! As we sat we watched 6 does come in along with several small bucks. Chloe kept wanting me to harvest the older doe :no: . I had to explain to her that a mature buck like the one on our pictures is most likely going to show himself right before the sun goes down. I went ahead and loaded my T/C encore 50 cal. muzzleloader. At a quarter to six(15 minutes of daylight remaining) the big 10 shows up! Chloe is tapping my side giving me the "thumbs up"-her eyes as big as apples! :eek: At 115 yrds I punched both lungs broadside-Chloe and the buck both had me so distracted I never turned on my video camera :doh2: . The buck went approx 20 yrds stumbling and getting back up the whole way. He was 4 1/2 yrs old, he had 13 scorable points(a main frame 10 with 3 kickers on his brow tines). He was very narrow-but had good everything else. I bowhunted all season, having to opt for the smokepole while hunting with my little partner. This deer would have definitely made Pope and Young-he was standing 22 yrds from my bowstand! I went ahead and dropped him off at the taxi-this was the first buck I've harvested with Chloe-I don't know who was more excited me or her!! We celebrated with marshmallows over the campfire that night...at a moment of silence, Chloe says"Daddy, you hunted so hard this year. You went to the lease almost every week. Then you took me.... and you got your buck!" "You got your buck because I was with you!" :lol: :lol: We got on another really nice buck the next evening-a really long tined, wide 7 point. I shot a doe the next morning that Chloe took to the blood trail and "found " for me. It was truly a very memorable hunt for me. Here are some pics of him...
Posted Image
Chloe with her buck

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

NICE GOING AWESOME HUNT AND BUCK CONGRATULATIONS
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

thats truely happy ending!!! plum awesome!!

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#4 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Chloe and the buck both had me so distracted I never turned on my video camera :doh2: .

Well at any rate, regardless of whether or not it made it to film, I'm sure that's something she'll never forget. I remember going archery hunting with my dad around her age; I got to lay the scent trail and won't forget that buck coming right down that gas well road right at us.
Posted Image

#5 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

Congratulations S&S, a wonderfull memory for both you and Chloe, Priceless ! HH in Pa :boone:

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:07 AM

Surely a trip of a lifetime as a Papa/Daughter team! :clap:
Posted Image

#7 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

congrats to the both of you.....niceeeeeeeeeeee awsomeeeeeeeeeeeemmmm buck
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

Congratulations to both of you. That will be a trip she will never forget. Especially with a trophy on the wall to remind her of that awesome couple of days with her Dad.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Way to go Stick, :bigthumb: Yeah huntin with daughters, sons, and with a muzzleloaders (PRICELESS).
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#10 RickyM

RickyM

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:03 PM

Very nice!

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

Excellent deer and awesome story! Very special.
Posted Image

#12 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

I love reading hunting Stories when a Lil one is Involved... WTG Dad... Her Smile says it all.. Yours Too Buddy :clap:

GREAT BUCK
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

#13 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

We celebrated with marshmallows over the campfire that night...at a moment of silence, Chloe says"Daddy, you hunted so hard this year. You went to the lease almost every week. Then you took me.... and you got your buck!" "You got your buck because I was with you!

Now that's priceless! Congrats dad! What a hunt indeed. :clap: :clap:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#14 ryalred

ryalred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:26 AM

Congratulations! Wonderful. My grandson used to help me trail deer, but now he's hunting himself. The first deer he killed, I was excited as he was and I was jumping up and down and hugging him--wow it's great to get kids into hunting.
Addicted to reloading

#15 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:29 AM

Great story, and a big congrats

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users