• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

any of you seeking feathers with your bows at turkey time? i have several nice gobblers on my lease that i saw while deer hunting,i have payback fot them for stealing my corn!! :clap: we cant bait turkeys here in nc during the season,so i will just have to sexy harrass em,as roy d mercer says,lol

happy new year,friends!!

Bill

Edited by 7pointbuck, 04 January 2009 - 11:29 PM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

I'm not into turkey hunting a whole lot,, But Since they put a whoopin on the seed in My plots last spring, I have a vengence..LOL.. Gots a flock of 50 something birds on the property -1 on the last day of fall season....So Yep, I'm on Em this year...... If anyone is interested, Your more than welcome to help thin the flock, seed got real expensive last year :curse:
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

#3 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:02 AM

But Since they put a whoopin on the seed in My plots last spring, I have a vengence.

Turkeys did some damage to my food plot seed too. They picked about a 30' x 30' spot of my Buck Oats seed before it started to grow. Of course, that spot was right next to my stand.

If I draw a tag this year I might try it with a bow.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

Bill if you lived any closer I'd bring my DB blind and decoys down. We'd be taking some gobblers with a very sharp stick.

Where I hunt the turkeys aren't there in big numbers. I have yet to see them. They roost on the neighbors property and occasionally break across the land we are on.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 06 January 2009 - 12:08 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

I'll be hunting Turkeys with stick and string when I go to Kentucky this spring.
Posted Image

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Yes. It is the year of the bow here - again. (Is it ever not? :P )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 06 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

Yes. It is the year of the bow here - again. (Is it ever not? :P )

You Need to travel North , I can See 79 at the Bottom of My Hill Ya know.... You can teach Me to Call them Dang Blasted Pigeons....Heck, You can Even Have My and the Wifes Birds :bigthumb:
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users