• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

How Many Have their 09 trips already planned..

Oct is My Return Alberta trip.. Whitetail Bowhunt, Possibly a Spring Bear Hunt up there too.. Just not sure If I can swing that one yet.. Also have 2 hog hunts planned Here in PA, Those are basically for the Freezer...

Archery season isn't even over Yet and I'm already stoked about this years trips......It's gonna be a long year <_<
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

#2 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

turkey hunt in tn and nc april 09
exotic hunt texas july 09
deer hunt tn nov,dec 09
hog hunt tn jan 2010
scheduled so far!
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:44 AM

At this point I'm not sure.

Was invited on a South Dakota Turkey hunt, we'll see if time and money allows.

I've slacked on Elk season here in colorado the last few years , opting for out of state/country trips. I may put my priorities on staying home and chasing the elk :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

August 09 is repeat of 07 antelope hunt in S.E. Colorado, and yes the antelope 1 and me 0 :doh: . If I can swing it I've been invited to join some friend in S. Texas on exotic bow hunt in July. January 2010 Tenn. exotic bow hunt with some friends.

In between try to do some yote gun hunting and in season Ohio deer hunting. And our season is not over yet for either.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

A trip to Kansas is planned for spring gobbler opener. Then to MO for hopefully a couple of days of gobbler hunting.
Also in the plan is to bring my friend Spirithawk to PA for more gobbler hunting in May.
Not real sure about the fall but most likely will be back in Kansas for either deer or fall turkey. Of course then it is back to PA for its hunting seasons. Whew I am tired already.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:18 PM

Southern Minnesota for all of fall 2009! :) , but I'm not complaining. All the hunting I can handle less than 10 miles from my house without worrying about other hunters...
-Eric

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Perhaps Central PA for spring gobbler if them there CASTERS boys decide to indeed pull something together.

Other than that, no set plans outside of my area at this time.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#8 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Nope nothing this year but to hunt around home, as almost everytime I'm out with my Dad we just
connect with something so why go anywhere else. LOL
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#9 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Of course my fall moose bowhunting trip to northern Ontario with my son is a no-brainer.

I'm hoping to dabble locally for predator calling for yotes this winter. Likely pull out the .243 or maybe the in-line for fun.

If all goes well, I'll be retired this year and hope to spend more time afield. Maybe make a concerted effort for spring gobblers this year. I've yet to take one, but then I haven't spent a lot of time or energy on them either. Retirement should fix that.

This fall I'll be hitting the woods with regularity, bowhunting for whitetails in my own neck of the woods as I won't have to allow work (unless it's from the honey-do-list) to get in the way from now on.

I'd like to make one or two get-to-gethers with some of the HR group this year, but I'll have to get a new truck as my old one is just too much of a gas guzzler to make any such trip economical enough to afford. I'd like to pick up a Toyota Tacoma or a Ford Ranger (used of course). My current Dodge Ram passes everything but the gas stations.

If I can get my brother and his son to take a week off this summer, we might head to northern Ontario and try our hands at fishing. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I doo love being outdoors and on the water.

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#10 wishbone

wishbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:57 PM

Headed to Alabama (my cousins lease)for early archery and then back for more bowhunting
during there rut mid Jan. :bigthumb:
Mathews Bows/Easton Arrows
Shimano Reels/St.Croix Rods

#11 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Leaving tomorrow night to meet up with Paul,Eric,Judd,Seth, Charles,Rodney,Brother Paul, Jeremiah & Dad to try a Flintlock Hunt up in the snowbelt of NW PA. :boone:
Posted Image

#12 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Perhaps Central PA for spring gobbler if them there CASTERS boys decide to indeed pull something together.

Jer, you can take it to the bank. ;)
Posted Image

#13 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:55 PM

Probably go for mulies in 55, 37, 54, or 38; then elk in 45 or 48 or something. I'd like to stay on my side of the divide this yr but with tag draws it prolly won't hapen. Antelope will be around Pueblo here if I can get tag, or maybe down between Poncha Pass and Sagauche on the BLM there. I'd like to try to get some interest up to go back to bow hunting elk too, and set up wifes bow so she can shoot too. I have room on the back 40 to shoot 40 yrds, plus the DOW range is a rocks throw across the lake so I have plenty places to practice.

Edited by silvertip-co, 29 January 2009 - 09:29 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#14 doubleA

doubleA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Shooting, Handloading, Hunting then repeat

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

I dont have any hunts planned but if I could sqeeze an invite for something, it would be nice :bigthumb:
+Life is good, give God the glory +

#15 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:23 PM

Texas exotics and maybe a coastal black bear this spring. In the fall I'm planning on desert mulie and coues deer, whitetail, elk, another mt. lion, musk ox in september with Huck, then Africa spring of 2010. Everything else depends on the draw....got apps. out in 5 states for sheep, goat, elk, and moose.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users