• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 01 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

We are both bowhunting the musk ox, although I am taking a rifle in case we see a wolf. Holman is the farthest north city in North America, so it should be interesting......it is well above the arctic circle. Base price of $3500 USD, but travel that far north is really expensive. The hunt will end up being $6,000 (plus or minus). Most outfits charge $6,000 base price for a musk ox, so I feel fortunate to have found a hunt for that price. I booked this hunt with Huck almost 3 years ago from an e-mail that a hunting consultant sent me.....always sign up to be on the mailing list of outfitters and consultants you correspond with.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#32 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

WOW.. Thats what Most people have invested in a Whitetail Hunt... I woulda Jumped on that in a heartbeat too
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

#33 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Whip thanks for answering.

That's less than I was thinking knowing how far you guys were going and the cost to travel that far alone would be something to consider. I hope it all goes as planned for you two guys.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#34 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hunting camp is my house. The only planned hunts so far are,

NH-Maine Turkey May 2009
NY Muzzleloader Whitetail Deer October 2009
NH-Maine Whitetail Deer November/December 2009
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#35 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

TX, WY & NE in spring

TX, WY, IA, NE, CA andWA in the fall----so far.

Edited by bonecollector34, 01 May 2009 - 08:17 PM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#36 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:48 AM

Would love to go to another group hunt but this year may be difficult. We have been going to TX for the past three years on an archery hunt but cancelled this year due to work. We are moving into a new school & are getting new software!!! Since my husband and I both work at the schools it is going to be impossible May through August. We do have a short trip to south FL planned to do some hog hunting & fishing with some friends in Miami but that is it.

#37 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

Here's what we hope to do if we can get / draw the tags:

Antelope Oct 3-9 in Saguache or Walsenburg

Mulies Oct 17-25 in Gunnison or Wolcott

Bull elk Nov 11-15 in Wolcott

So we'll see how the plans fallout. Heck if the boss gets that job in Glenwood :bigthumb: we'll be right in the middle of the best of what Colo has. Then I'll just need the L.U.C.K.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users