Mathews Invasion

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

Dave:
I'd love to do it with a bow....but this was a rough hunt even with a rifle. roughing it in an outfitters tent on the Churchill Water way in Northerns Sask. Canada. Up at 4 am hitting the sack dead tired at 9 pm.... 3:30 pm of the last day, everything was going to be over at 7pm that night and we spoted this moose bedded down in the Muskeg about 300 yards out. We were on a rock outcropping glassing when I spotted him. Between 300-450 yards I got off 5 shots, 4 hits , any one was a kill shot, and he still went a couple of hundred yards and went down in some of the worst deadfall undergrowth I've ever had the joy of climbing through ( let alone tracking through )

But we found him and then the work begain :)

and Alan...I'll post that pic every chance I get :) you're lucky I didnt talk Jer into making it my Mathews Avtar ;)

Posted Image

Edited by McBruce, 07 January 2009 - 08:02 PM.

McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#17 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

I'll share it with both of ya over moose steaks....Rowdy..ya know I'm saving some for ya.

Bucket list...Alan...have I got a place for you ;) good folks, family run outfit , awesome fishing, great bear hunting...and late sept moose hunts....just tellem Bruce sent ya..and the stories will fly. :)

When We Goin ???? ;)
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

#18 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:12 AM

blackbearisland.com or email dawn@blackbearisland.com

I'd love to go back for a fishing trip...hunting up there will run ya ragged ...which is a good thing...next trip, i'm fishing and relaxing.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#19 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

blackbearisland.com or email dawn@blackbearisland.com

I'd love to go back for a fishing trip...hunting up there will run ya ragged ...which is a good thing...next trip, i'm fishing and relaxing.

Alan the bear hunting is the main course and I had a great two trips there and go back anytime and share camp with Bruce. The fishing is desert and fit for a king without telling any fisherman lies about it. But now the moose outfitting has me thinking but I'd love to try it with a bow.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 08 January 2009 - 01:58 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#20 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

Alan the bear hunting is the main course and I had a great two trips there and go back anytime and share camp with Bruce. The fishing is desert and fit for a king without telling any fisherman lies about it. But now the moose outfitting has me thinking but I'd love to try it with a bow.

Bow Of Course, Thats My Dram Hunt.. Other than Musk Ox.. But I don't think I'll EVER get the chance for that .....

2011 or 2012 seems realistic for Me, God Willing that is :pray:

#21 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yea, moose from a treestand was a really different hunt. But hey, it worked! Best meat I've ever had in the freezer.

Dave

#22 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Yea, moose from a treestand was a really different hunt. But hey, it worked! Best meat I've ever had in the freezer.

Dave

FINALLY seen the Show last night.... That was certainly a different way of Hunting Moose..

Where in Ontario was that ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users