#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Dave Watson thread on Mathews forum

I thought I'd share this one with you all here. Meant a lot to me to read this.

Thanks Dave for taking the time to put some sun light (star light) on this celebrity thing we seemingly hit our noggins on talking about our favorites or not so favorites shows and the celebrity host(s). I sincerely appreciate your help on this bigger than life image we seem to conjure up when it comes to professional hunters. We tend to turn everyone of them into celebs like those from Hollywood. "It ain't Hollywood" comes to mind when I read your post. Unless IF we're talking about our friend Ole Uncle Ted Nugent LOL. Now he's another subject all together, just kidding, Ted just strums to another beat.
Dave I think that was some good stuff you pointed out and we needed a dose of that to get some feel for reality.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 08 January 2009 - 02:59 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 RickyM

RickyM

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

awesome post for sure.

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

good post..thanks for brining the link over Rowdy.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:24 AM

Good stuff. :clap:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

I will Add. Dave,You are what Every Hunting Based Show Should go off of..I've Hung Out with Alex Rutledge and Denny Pitman ..And I truely Know What You are saying, Alex is also a God Loving Caring Man, And a Hoot to Hang out with..Denny is one of the Up and Coming Wild Guys of the Hunting shows. And also a blast to Be around.... Down to Earth People Just Like You and I. If I didn't see this first hand, I would'nt know what You were talking about..

Great Post Dave, Great Post, You are truely an asset to the Hunting Community

:clap:
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

#6 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

Thanks guys. I think Iron Maiden summed it up best, "we're all in this together".

Now..let's takl bowhunting.

Dave

#7 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

Thanks guys. I think Iron Maiden summed it up best, "we're all in this together".

Now..let's talk bowhunting.

Dave
[/quote]

#8 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

Thanks Mark!!Dave has never painted the sport in a bad light!!Hes a man of God and thats all that matters period!anyone who bowhunts without God,in my opinion....is a poacher!!after all everything belongs to Him <_< .I was going through my old bushnell soth videos that i had recorded to vhs.....dave you looked like a puppy with a cowboy hat :D ,seems like it was a while ago,time flys.

Bill :bigthumb:
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#9 Dave Watson

Dave Watson

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

Yep. Bushnell's Secrets of the Hunt went on air in '98. Gas was .25 a gallon and cheeseburgers at McDonald's were a dime. And oh yea, I walked to school 2 miles in the snow. lol

Dave

#10 PA SILVERBACK

PA SILVERBACK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Archery Hunting, Anything with the Kids,Hunting with the Wife, Harleys, Anything Outdoors..

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Yep. Bushnell's Secrets of the Hunt went on air in '98. Gas was .25 a gallon and cheeseburgers at McDonald's were a dime. And oh yea, I walked to school 2 miles in the snow. lol

Dave

And I bet it was an Up hill walk both ways too, Huh Dave ????

:lol:
A mans Character is a sign of His Destiny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users