Prayers Needed

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

Well all, very bad news here. My mom passed away suddenly January 7th 2009. She had been in a nursing home for mental health issues for approximately 3 months. She was 64 years old. I'm not even sure what else to write here. It doesn't even seem real yet, it hurts like crazy, and i know it's the truth, we made the arrangements for the funeral today, and as strong as i tried to be for my family, i broke down into a weepy mess 3 times making the arrangements. My mom was a wonderful woman, always there to help, and had a will of solid steel. Please keep us in ya'll's prayers so that we can make it through this. Thanks

Terry
Semper Fi

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:25 AM

Hang in there, it does get better. :pray: For your Mom, you and your family.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

Prayers are sent!
Posted Image

#5 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

Very sorry to hear your very sad news. Please accept our deepest sympathy for the loss of your Mother. It is never easy to lose a beloved parent, prayers for you and your family. :pray: :pray: :pray: No words will take away the pain your feeling right now but time will help you remember the memories with joy.
May God Bless you and your family.
Woody and Patsy
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#6 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

I am so sorry for your loss!!I lost my father at 8 years old but I still have my mother,thankfully.There is no love greater than that of Jesus Christ love for us,but Ive always said a mothers love is a close second.Time will heal wounds,this im certain.but my friend there is triumph in death, and that is through the love of our savior.He will comfort you and lift you,this i do pray!!
May God be with you,
Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#7 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thanks ya'll, it's been tough making arrangements, and trying to keep my mind occupied. If i sit too long, i think about her, and get sad, i know if i went to work right now i would just keep thinking about her and make alot of stupid mistakes, but i can't sit around doing nothing either.

Woody, you expressed a sentiment i have been trying to put into words perfectly! "No words will take away the pain your feeling right now but time will help you remember the memories with joy." I can't count the number of times i've tried to put that into words, but it ended up coming out something like : Nothing you can say will make me quit hurting, but over time the pain will dull and i'll be able to talk about her without crying again" Thanks for that.

Bill, that's a wonderful sentiment, and i believe you're right noone (other than Jesus Christ)can ever love anyone more than their mother.
Semper Fi

#8 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:02 AM

So sorry for your loss Terry and I'm praying for you & family.
Posted Image

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

So sorry for your loss Terry. I lost my dad in 89. We only lived a couple doors apart and were best hunting buddies. His death was like a knife cut but was expected as he had dealt with cancer for about 8 years. It will soon be 20 years since he died but I am still saddened when I think of his passing. When this starts to overwhelm I conjur up the good times that we had together and dwell on them. Sometimes our grief is centered on us blaming ourselves for the death of a loved one with thoughts of if I had just done this or that all would be well. Do not get caught in that trap as when God says it is time we can do nothing about it, it is not your fault that your mom passed away. Just let our Lord hold you in his arms and comfort you as only he can.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear that. Praying for your strength in the coming days.

Steve

#11 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:33 PM

Terry sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. It is hard to lose a parent as I too know. Prayers sent to you and your family.

turbo

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

Bud, you must remember that she's now in a much better place. Be happy for her for that. I know you'll miss her dearly but hold her memory close to your heart and she'll always be with you. You can see and hear her any time you like. You only have to tap your fond memories. Prayers go out to you and your family. Be strong, I know she'd want you to.

#13 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

Thanks everyone for your prayers, I know they helped me out alot. Mom's death was a wake up call for me though. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 6 years ago, and finally figured out Zoloft and Atenolol/chlorthalidone (I think that's the spelling, too lazy to go get the bottle) was the med combo to keep it in the normal range, i quit taking it about 2 years ago. After Mom died i was keeping that old familiar headache, so i scheduled an appointment and got my new doctor to restart my perscriptions. After only 2 days on the meds i'm feeling better, my temperment is back where it is supposed to be and no headache. It's still gonna be a long recovery process in dealing with Mom's death, but i know i can make it.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users