• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

cva apex

looks kinda interesting to me,will have to watch this one unfold

Bill

Edited by 7pointbuck, 09 January 2009 - 09:38 PM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

Not really, I think T/C has just about the most loyal following as anyone else in the industry, i.e. Mathews. This is especially true of most anyone (consumers) who've called the company with questions or needed warranty work, etc. I've seen them replace things under "warranty" that clearly weren't under the warranty. They take care of their customers and have a solid reputation. I think CVA has a few years to go as far as creating and maintaining the same level of quality that T/C does. Nice to see CVA's barrel upgrade... if they price them very competitively, then T/C might need to start their latest innovation.

Edited by Whistle Pig, 09 January 2009 - 11:49 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

T/C has nothing to worry about. ;)

T/C has a centerfire/rimfire option on the Encore Pro Hunter and also on the less expensive G2 Contender (which will be my next rimfire gun). T/C has been making break action, single shot guns for a long, long time. Others have come out with their own version. Knight's KP1 and I think the CVA Optima Pro was also able to be switched to centerfire rifle barrels. I don't think Knight or CVA have been able to sway the market at all.

Like WP said, T/C has outstanding customer service and a great customer base. Because of both of those points, I think T/C is very comparable to Mathews Solocam.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

While I firmly believe that CVA has come a long way in the last few years, they're no Thompson Center. I'm actually buying a CVA muzzleloader because, for the money, it's a very good rifle. When it comes to craftmanship and real quallity though, T/C beats CVA hands down. No real contest. You just have to have the money to afford it. I wouldn't trade my Encore for any rifle on the market at any price. I'm really glad to see CVA making headway. I do believe that, for the price, CVA is hard to beat.

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

Not to worry, T/C is like Realtree...they are everywhere worldwide and all the competition is just that, also rans. Sort of defys the rule that competition makes the best bester. (Now if Michael Wadid would just go away.)
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#6 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

The other thing you have to take into consideration when we talk about Thompson Center and other companies like BPI (CVA). All the rest of the pack follow the innovations that Thompson Center Arms makes. Their Encore turned into an Optima. Their Omega turned into a Kodiak. Their Triumph will also be copied and Traditions is doing that with their new rifles.

Its one thing to produce a good product. Its an entirely different thing to be the leading innovator in new technology and bring that first into the market. Thompson Center has such a loyal following and great customer service, they will always be in that market. They also do a lot of market research and advertise in key areas to get their products noticed.

People will always question the "other" brands, but if you ask them about the quality of a Thompson Center they will tell you it is top of the line.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

I totaly agree. I noticed a very long time ago that CVA's Hawken was an almost identical copy of Thompson Center's Hawken. But you can close your eyes, pick one up and tell easily which is which just by the feel. As I said, CVA's quality has come a long way but their no Thompson Center. Neither are the others that follow in T/C's footsteps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users