4 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

I'm thinking of replacing the bow grip on my Bowtech Allegiance because it feels to thin to me. I like the way the wood walnut fuller grips feel on my Mathews bow. I looked at the Loesch Grips because they were recommended for a fuller grip.
Loesch grips
How tough is it to remove the old one and glue the now one on?
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

For me the thinner the grip the better I shoot. Fuller thicker grips make controlling hand torque much much harder.

Contrary to a widely held belief, drop away rests do not remove the effects of hand torque on your shooting. If your hand torques the nock travel still moves at an angle.
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:35 PM

Leo I've heard that said before the thiner the better for improved shooting. It helps eliminate torque conditions. This grip is a thin grip and rest nicely with an open hand with my wrist in down position. I have the need to grip it while drawing it because it's so thin it feels like it's going fall.

I'm not bad with it the way it is now just feels small. I'll "get use to it" for the hassle it present in changing the grip. Just wonder if anyone else tried changing theirs and how much of a problem was it.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:12 PM

On my Bowtech the grip has one through bolt. There are some rubber inserts under the grip that really hold the grip in place without the bolt in place.

Getting the grip off of those inserts without breaking it, is challenging.

At any rate, be prepared that you may destroy your current grip getting it off.
Posted Image

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

Leo your the second person to tell me that and I don't want to break what came with the bow. Heck I was thinking with a hunting glove on it might feel perfect :idea: :hmm: :peace:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users