• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

hi guys,

IF I can get my stoeger p-350 sold,I am wanting to purchase a semi or o/u for mostly skeet and dove shooting. looking at the stoeger o/u 12 or mossberg silver series o/u if i go that route.whats your opinion on those? as far as an auto,i have no clue, are there any out there for around 400 or less that are reliable shooters? the stoeeger 350 i have is a turkey gun with the tactical pistol grip, but i am mostly going to bowhunt my turkeys for awhile.

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:28 PM

Bill I'd recommend with my limited experience look into the Benelli line up. Benelli USA The Benelli comfortech built-in package makes it abit less of a shoulder thumper by the end of the day. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Try and find a used Beretta 390. It will be in that price range. Very reliable auto-loader.
Posted Image

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

If you're looking to buy new, the Stoeger M2000 is in the $400 range. It is a pretty reliable gun with the inertia system like Benelli. It doesn't look or shoot quite as nice, but many people swear by them.
-Eric

#5 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

Browning Citori O/U. 26 inch barrels with improved/modified chokes. It'll knock the daylights out of them itty bitty doves and skeet birds and shoot rifled slugs like a big dawg. Little pricey,but someday, you will be old and grey, sittin on a deck somewhere, sayin to no one in particular, "I shoulda listened to mudduck and bought that dang Citori" :lol: Just trying to help you avoid that :rofl:

#6 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

I have a Remington 11-48 Semiautomatic 16ga that is a delight to shoot. These guns can be bought for $200. to $300. used and there seems to be many that have not been used much. The 11-48 is not a gas operated semi but a recoil operated semi that was built off of John Brownings patent.
MR300WM

Edited by Joe, 16 January 2009 - 12:05 AM.

MR300WM

#7 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

well,my new toy is an remington 1100,12 ga. 2 3/4 chamber 26 in vent rib i/c she is a beauty!!!.now all i need is some skeet!!!
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

Sweet! Have fun you big clay breaker! :bigthumb:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users