• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

My brother and I decided to try our luck fishing in Alabama near Birmingham Saturday. It rained most of the day so we didn't get a lot of pictures. We were just ahead of a cold front and the water was at 55F. Those two things make bass hungry. We planned to find shad schools and vertical jig under them. It was a good plan until the bass drove the shad to the surface and went nuts! It was crazy we were swapping between fishing near the top and jigging down low.

We caught 16 for the day. Not bad at all for bassing in January and our fish official trip of the new year!

Here's one of my biggest for the day. A nice fat one. He took a finesse worm up top when he was smashing a school of panicked threadfins.

Posted Image

My brother took the big fish for the day with this one. It took a Tsunami Shad jig off the bottom.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

great bass,hush puppies iced tea.......heaven on earth! nice ones,good job,man

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

Some healthy bass Leo. Sounds like a great day of figuring out the bass. This time of year with it being in the single digits outside today with snow flying that sure looks like heaven to me, thanks for sharing it.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:15 PM

Looking good leo. Sounds like you guys had a great day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users