What Is The Best Shot You Have Seen

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:53 AM

Byron Ferguson

Byron Ferguson is unbelievable in person. I would say the aspirin is probably the most impressive shot I've seen him make in person.

#17 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:29 AM

A real smart Alec came into the shop one night with a Bear whitetail compound bow. He did not buy the bow there but was very angry over the bow not shooting any sort of group. I had dealings with this guy several weeks prior and was certainly not inclined to be of assistance. The shop owner assigned me the task to find out what was wrong. I looked over the bow and nothing was amiss there. Next we stepped over to the range and I asked him to shoot a few arrows for me. His form was terrible. I then asked his permission to shoot his bow. I aimed instinctively as his set up was way off for me. I lined up and shot the first shot which hit about 8 inches to the Right of the bullseye. He immediately said, see it just won't shoot. I asked for another arrow, lined up and shot then asked for one more and shot that. I then went downrange and pulled all three arrows out at once as they were touching each other. Since I had a little score to settle with this guy I just handed his arrows back, gave a long look at him and said if he ever wanted to learn to shoot come see me. I then walked back to the shop and let him stew. It took him 45 minutes to come over and in a much more humble manner than he had ever exhibited before asked me what he was doing wrong. I replied, "Now you are ready to learn, lets go". He actually turned out to be a fair student once he got rid of his load of beligerance. Could I have repeated those three shots, I seriously doubt it. But it sure gave that guy a large slice of humble pie.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#18 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

That's hilarious Paul!
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users