This guy is amazing ! :cowboy2:

Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

I enjoy watching him every Wednesday night on the outdoors channel.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

I knew who you were talking about before I even clicked to open the thread.

Yes, I do believe Munden is the fastest to ever live.
Even more impressive is that he doesn't just sling lead.
He actually hits his intended target!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Old school...

sig_admin.png

#5 doubleA

doubleA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Shooting, Handloading, Hunting then repeat

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:06 PM

I watched "Extreme Marksmen" on the history channel the other night and ol Mr.Muden was'nt even mentioned. He may have been good in the day but as they say" there's always a faster gun" :cowboy3:
+Life is good, give God the glory +

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

Bob Munden still holds 18 unbroken "quick draw" records to this very day. Unfortunately, Guinness Book of World Records began pulling gun-related records from the book clear back in the 80's due to American schools threatening to remove the book from their libraries if this demand was not met. :thumbsdown:

Simply stated, most folks have never even heard of Bob unless they watch outdoor programming.

Mr. Munden's commentary on the matter can be read here...
http://www.bob-munden.com/records.htm
(Scroll to the bottom of the page.)

sig_admin.png

#7 doubleA

doubleA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Shooting, Handloading, Hunting then repeat

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

I suppose it's what ever organization you adhere to. I just looked up the World Fast Draw Association and have found no mention of Bob Munden or any records of his. I am thinking he and WFDA dont see eye to eye even though in his website article it states he has records there.

No doubt that he is a fantastic shooter and showman but I find it odd that he doesnt belong to probably the biggest fastdraw organization in the US.

"there's always a faster gun" :cowboy3:
+Life is good, give God the glory +

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

The WFDA is done with wax and blank ammo.
Bob shoots lead a lot.
Perhaps it's just a difference in philosophy.
Or, perhaps the WFDA just thinks he's nuts. :lol:

Regardless, check out the times listed on the WFDA Records page vs. Munden's.
I take nothing away from any of them, but Bob was in a different league.
Of course, the WFDA web site hasn't been updated in 3 years. So, who knows.

sig_admin.png

#9 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

That man is just impressive to say the least. I shot a lot of handgun in my day, but in my wildest dream would never have even come close to this fellow on is slowest day. Maybe if he was sleeping, and I still would not be to sure of that. WOW!!! he is good.

Fast draw artists have always fascinated me. Did you know that Sammy Davis Jr. (the movie star and singer) was a quick draw artist and so was Jerry Lewis. I am sure they were not this kind of caliber, but still I found it interesting.

When I was young my parents were into family camping. We went to a big campground for some festival (I forget what it even was.. you know drink beer, dance all night, pot luck eating all day). I went along. And I watched a fast draw artist that was hard to believe. At the time he claimed he was the second fastest man in the world. He also claimed he did the trick shooting in all the Clint Eastwood westerns. Whether that was true, who knows. But at his show he mentioned the movie Fist Full of Dollars I believe it was where Eastwood shoots apples out of a tree for some Mexican boys trying to hit them with a stick. He claimed that was his hand and his shooting that we saw on film.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#10 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:06 AM

The WFDA is done with wax and blank ammo.

Yup... they have milled brass that use 209 primers, I've shot one before. I don't think it's all that exciting.
Posted Image

#11 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

Actually folks, the fastest draw ever was made by me. I was walking along a creek with my brother when I stepped on a snake. My brother, who was looking right at me, swears he never saw my hand move. :lol: By the way, I blew that dang snakes head off. I hates snakes! :lol:

#12 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:55 AM

Jerry Miculik is pretty fast...

http://video.aol.com...-ipsc/839760984
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#13 Paulh

Paulh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Target Shooting, Collecting

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:48 AM

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, and this is the 1st topic I happened to click on.

I've seen the Bob Mundan videos, and he's really fast. He's also a very nice person. I've had the opportunity to speak with him over the phone, and he know's his stuff and was extremely polite.

About 2 years ago I sent him my Ruger Vaquero for an action job, and the work he did was superb. (The best money I ever spent.) He not only does quick shot shows, but does some gunsmithing, too, especially on single actions. His turn around time wasn't the quickest, but the work was great.

#14 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:38 PM

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, and this is the 1st topic I happened to click on.

I've seen the Bob Mundan videos, and he's really fast. He's also a very nice person. I've had the opportunity to speak with him over the phone, and he know's his stuff and was extremely polite.

About 2 years ago I sent him my Ruger Vaquero for an action job, and the work he did was superb. (The best money I ever spent.) He not only does quick shot shows, but does some gunsmithing, too, especially on single actions. His turn around time wasn't the quickest, but the work was great.

Welcome, Paul. :) Thanks for the insight. I've always wondered about Bob's gun work. I'm still hoping to find out first-hand one day, but at least now I have some idea before hand.

sig_admin.png

#15 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:28 PM

Ya know those Montana boys are fast 3:)
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users