38 replies to this topic

#16 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:29 PM

"OLD"... thats just a state of mind you say, well lets see I am in the state of Ohio, no Pa, no KY,
now see what you did BT.......lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#17 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

Sometimes I wonder about your "state of mind" Ric! LOL :)
BrandonT

#18 young_hunter12

young_hunter12

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

hey im 15 guys i hate it i dont have any energy too many video games :lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

Good to have you here young_hunter12! As long as you are playing hunting games I guess I'll let it slide... :D
BrandonT

#20 Alden

Alden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

I'm young enough that a lot of people refer to me as "Young Man" but old enough that everyone more than 3 years younger than I am refer to me as "Old" or "Sir"...can I be considered young? I'll be 22 next month...that's young aint it?
Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest so that we will always strive to reach it.
-Kenshin Himura

#21 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

It seems it is hard to get our youth to go hunting, at least in our state it is for lack of game. Young folks require acton not that I blame them but there is a love of the sport. My son is 14 and he hunts with me and plays computer hunting games I just can't seem to get him interested in the hunting forums.

#22 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Woodhick,

I know it's tough trying to talk a kid into sitting on a computer and reading about hunting when they can be doing other things like going, or playing hunting related games. All of that is more fun than just reading about it, especially at younger ages. I know the only reason I got started on hunting forums was because I had no place to go. I got onto the forums to try to find someone near me to take me along and give me a place to hunt. Once I found a place, my time spent on hear kind of went south. Now that I don't have a place once again, I get on here and read. I know I don't get on here near as often as I used to, but I still enjoy reading and talking to everyone. If I didn't work 12 hours a day, six days a week it might help a little bit too! LOL But if he doesn't want to get on here and read and talk with everyone, you sure can't make him. :) Just be glad he gets to hunt with you. Those are some of the best times in a youngsters life!
BrandonT

#23 BigT9293

BigT9293

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

well i'm only 14 and all i can remember is being in the woods and playing baseball. I know now you take hunting out of my life i would go nuts. Heck i was 3 months old when i first experienced the outdoors. My dad put me in a back pack like thing andd away we went. That's how i plan on starting my kid off for sure.

#24 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

Awesome, BigT. Glad to have you along. :) I look forward to hearing about your hunting adventures and baseball games!
BrandonT

#25 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:27 AM

Hey, I'm younger than Paul. :lol: I found one of the best ways to get a kid interested in hunting is to take them squirrel hunting. You usually have lots of action, and get lots of shots, so also good for teaching gun safety and shooting skills. Glad to see you youngsters join us. :yes:

Edited by Spirithawk, 30 October 2008 - 08:28 AM.

#26 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:59 PM

My Little Boy Luke has about 4 years and 4 months to go (Born 04/08/08) but he will be hunting with me as soon as he wants to go :D
Semper Fi

#27 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

That's cool Terry! I've been taking my stepson with me a few times. He loves it already. I let him take his BB gun and he really gets a kick out of it. :) Makes the outdoors that much more fun when there is a young one involved. :)
BrandonT

#28 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 25 December 2008 - 08:26 PM

Brandon? Stepson? when did that happen? lol guess i ain't been on the boards in longer than i thought. Congrats man kids are awesome. Though the 9 mo old age range gets frustrating..... they're old enough to start thinking and knowing what they want/need but too young to tell you, also their lungs get infinately stronger lol
Semper Fi

#29 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 12:10 AM

Yeah, I got married back in September. My stepson is 4 now. Just the right age to start doing all the fun stuff together. Hunting, fishing, riding fourwheelers, camping, stuff like that. :) Good thing is my wife enjoys all of that as well. Only bad thing... when I feel like sleeping in, they are the ones waking me up to go. :D lol.
BrandonT

#30 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:43 PM

Terry,

I took my stepson, Braxton, hunting two days before Thanksgiving. I let him (don't tell anyone!) shoot at one with his BB gun. lol. Angie and I told him that he hit it and he was all excited. Angie and I left Braxton with Angie's parents and went hunting on Thanksgiving day and I killed this little 8 pointer. When we got back, we told Braxton that was the one that he killed and we found it for him. He was all kinds of excited and was telling everyone he killed a deer! It was real funny. :) If this thing works right, there should be a few pictures from that day.

Posted Image
Braxton with HIS deer!
Posted Image
Me with Braxton's deer. lol
Posted Image
Braxton trying to hold his head up. :)
Posted Image
After we mounted him.
BrandonT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users