18 replies to this topic

#16 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:01 PM

Way to go RL. Now that buck looks big enough to win the contest, so does that mean you get to guide yourself as the winner. :blink: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#17 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:36 AM

Awesome R.L......Can't wait to get down there and hunt with you again one of these years. That is a heck of a deer with Archery equipment in that area. I have bowhunted with R.L. before and getting within range of a desert mulie with a bow is no easy task. Congrats friend!
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#18 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:48 AM

Thanks Guys

This buck fooled the heck out of me, when I first found him 2 weeks ago I told My huntin partner he would score 135 to 140 just because he was only a 3x3, but with the dark horns and all I was going to hunt him anyway, just because he was such a pretty buck,

after getting him and to the taxi, who called me last nite to tell me that he had him caped out and the horns off of him,(I like to keep my horns at my house till he is ready for them again), that I should come over and pick them up,

Well upon arriving at brandons house I noticed a huge smile on his face as he handed me the horns, Whats up buddy, he had scored my buck and told me 153 7/8 gross with a net score of 151 3/8, no way brandon that buck just wont score that much, well after much debate and then rescoreing him a totall of 4 times with 3 guys doing the scoreing one being an offical scorer for az game and fish we came up with a net of 151 2/8 green I will have him done again in 60 days but if that score holds up he will make, SCI, P&Y and the Arizona state game and fish books,

His inside spread was 24 3/4 his out side was 26 inches his back tines are 18 inches long and mains are 22 inches long, I dont have the sheet in front of me but after we get in scored officaly I will scan a copy for ya ll

WOW what a ride,

R L

Edited by mzlloader, 30 January 2009 - 07:51 AM.

Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#19 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

No ground shrinkage on that buck. Congratulations on him.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users