• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

I see and read here that the Pentax or Burris 3-12x42 has no AO on it. Supposedly they would have to charge more for the scope if they had AO on it. SO... is parallax present in these scopes at 10x setting and under??? I mean if a guy bot a 3-12x42 and only used it up to 10x, would parallax be a problem(as it only occurs over 10x anyway). I have my Physics book at hand, but your thoughts appreciated.

Edited by silvertip-co, 31 January 2009 - 07:21 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

All scopes have parallax. As I recall parallax is a result of the focal point at which the lenses are set. It is not true that parallax is only present at higher magnification it is just enhanced at the higher powers and therefore more noticable. Most modern scopes are set at the factory to be parallax free at 100 or 150 yds. Any other distance shorter or longer will have parrallax. I don't have a scope of 12x or higher that does not have AO. I have found with AO you just adjust it to get a real clear picture at the distance you want to shoot and you can use that as a range estimation device if you dont have a range finder.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users