Another Round Of Thompson Center Arms Layoffs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

This was in Saturday's paper. Thompson Center Arms Rochester, NH announced layoffs and furloughs.

Bummer. :(

http://www.fosters.c...ON_01/701319872
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:45 PM

This was in Saturday's paper. Thompson Center Arms Rochester, NH announced layoffs and furloughs.

Bummer. :(

http://www.fosters.c...ON_01/701319872

Thanks Coalman.

"These cuts were largely economy-driven," said Liz Sharp, Smith & Wesson vice president of investor relations. The discretionary nature of the rifle manufacturer's product is magnified by the kind of rifle it makes "black powder rifles, the market for which is even more discretionary," Sharp said.

In otherwards don't put all your eggs in one basket. I think they make a darn good MZ and rifles.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:41 PM

I have been hearing that modern gun business has been very brisk most of the fall and till now. Maybe folks are stocking up on modern firearms and not so much on the muzzleloaders no matter what the make is.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

I have been hearing that modern gun business has been very brisk most of the fall and till now. Maybe folks are stocking up on modern firearms and not so much on the muzzleloaders no matter what the make is.

Paul our local gun shop and there is real only one in this city where you can buy the same day has been buried with customers buying handguns. I have never seen it so busy.

Muzzleloaders they have the shelves full of and full hunting shotguns and rifles are the same. But the cutoff home defense model shotguns were flying out the door with the ar15 and ak's when I was there a couple weeks back.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

That is what I was getting at. If a person just bought a home defense weapon or is planning on getting one the finances are directed in that arena. A muzzleloader is not the best home defense weapon besides it really stinks up the house. If a home defense gun is being measured against any other gun type and you do not have a home defense gun it sure would be my first priority and every other gun purchase would be way back in the priority list.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:05 PM

Must be reginal. Here, when shopping for a new muzzleloader, I was constantly being told "Sold out". :shrug:

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Not a TC fan but today on tv I saw TC's new military long range sniper rifle based on the Ikon big game rifle. Maybe that will help them out if they get a mil contract. Not sure of cal but I think it may have been a .338 Lapua as the magazine box was huge.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#8 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Nobody wants them... TC really served it's purpose though for Smith as they were on a steady decline...since almost every law enforcement agency moved on to Glock. Not so now with their introduction of the M & P's hoping to once again become the main choice of law enforcement. Everyone is buying what they want before it's possibly to late to get it or the price triples. AR's, handguns, and all that stuff.... Hi-Cap mags, and ammo are going way faster than what is being produced. Me and friend were talking about this the other day, and neither of us could believe that we were to the point of talking like this. I suggest EVERYONE to join the NRA this year and the next three.
Posted Image

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:52 PM

I stopped by RMC sports yesterday and his standard rifle, shotgun and muzzleloaders were all there in row after row with a stack of muzzleloaders in boxes stacked underneath. I did not see one AR type there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users