• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

Locally we have two Rendezvous it seems. One by this group here near Canon City over Labor Day weekend: http://www.bellsfort.com/

Also theres a group that has one at the Florence Colorado Mountain Park. I had an idea that it was in May or June but will have to google around to find it. I went to it in y2k1 and it was pretty great, but I didnt have my caplock Hawken then so I just walked and looked and ate. Seeijng original costumes and period dress and campsites was great too. Watching the Hawken shooting match was cool, them flinters sure throw the fire. Guess I need to dust mine off and make some smoke on my off days.

Edited by silvertip-co, 13 February 2009 - 09:12 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

so I just walked and looked and ate.

So what's wrong with that? 3:)
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

I was just thinking of making a post asking if anyone still went to them. I use to be in to them big time. Wore the buckskins the whole 9 yards. Loved the shooting contests and knife and throwing hawk contests too. One year a friend and I stopped along the Meramec River on the way home from one. I was walking along a bluff overlooking the river when a young couple in a canoe tied up right below me. I whistled at them and waved. They looked up, got a shocked look on their faces, and took off paddling down river in a hurry! It was then I realised the image they saw. I was in full buckskins, carrying a Hawken rifle with a flintlock pistol tucked into my belt along with a Bowie knife and throwing hawk! I had long hair blowing in the wind and a beard to boot! Poor folks, bet they're still paddling! :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 14 February 2009 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users