Fulfilling The Great Commission

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Do me a favor and watch this video...

Click Here

I know that it's long. But, I truly believe ol' Kirk & Ray are onto something.
I believe this may change your life. But, most of all, I pray it will help you to change the lives of many around you.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:33 AM

This truly is a must see ! It humbly brings forth a real challenge to seek God at a different level than I've been doing. Thanks for the post Jeremiah. :pray:
Posted Image

#3 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Amen.
This brings out a very real truth about how soft and pointless churches are becoming.
My favorite people to witness to in my walk are former christians. I find all too often that the reason is their disgust with how hipocritical most congregations are. I usually agree wholly with them because I too have fought that battle. I dicided that if I didn't like the way my church practiced that I would fight to change the church, not leave.
I am blessed with a very "old-fashioned" church but there is what I percieve a problem with reward focused christians.
I have many times tried to explain to my Dad that I feel we should become christians because It is God's will. Not because we want to avoid heck or worse, because we want heaven. I see that as a selfish attitude. I think it is fine to be conscious of what serving God will result in. But, make certain that the lost in a congregation know that you gave your life in service to God because you find yourself unworthy and turn everything over to real purpose.
I have purchased a book titled, "Tender Warrior" after a christian co-worker loaned it to me. It is an excelent book for any young christian husband/father.
I know that if we preached nothing but, salvation for servitute because you are unworthy to lead you own life, we might not get as many conversions. At least the converts would be serious.
Since I'm new here I go ahead and unload another real crowd pleaser that I discussed in private with my pastors. Feel free to comment on it.
Why do we consider going to church, service? In life, we get an education for a time and then get a job. It worries me that I could just attend church three times a week for my whole life continuously picking at every little lesson and sybolism in the bible for my whole life and nobody would challenge me to go out and do something. I proposed a convert church to save and quickly, Businesslike, train christians. Then move to a Work church where everyone would participate in planning, funding, and doing real work. If any of you have faced this, or even better, found a way to do it. I would really like some help.
Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#4 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

A lot to think about and ponder, a lot of truth. Makes me wonder what am I doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users