• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

Eric his wife and I went man shopping today at Gander Mt and Richard's Sporting Goods looking for Turkey shells, some powder, bullets and primers. Gander Mt was pretty busy with customers. I only found 1 pound of powder, three boxes of bullets and a new face mask and the bill was over $100. We had to stop at a local gun shop on the way back and the place was very busy too. Looked like any kind of semi auto was going out the door and we cannot hunt with any semi auto except for shotguns in PA. I did finally find some primers there so things went pretty well.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hey Pop, you better get ready as I have been surffing the net tonight and when you get to cabelas they have the rest of the things we need so the car is going to be a bit weighted down on the way home. :lol:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

Eric his wife and I went man shopping today

Boy you had me worried there for a second! :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

IM fixing to go to cabelas soon to get my fishing license as I have a gift card thats burning thru my wallet.

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:03 AM

Scott when you go be prepared for sticker shock. Man I still have the vapors from that little trip yesterday. No I do not get out much.

No We did not go shopping for a man just men type things. Lois was about as bored as a guy going shopping for women things.

#6 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:09 AM

The shock wont be that bad IM only getting the general license. I'll get the trout stamp later so it doesnt hurt as much. Now that hunting is over Im itchin for some fishin.

#7 doubleA

doubleA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Shooting, Handloading, Hunting then repeat

Posted 21 February 2009 - 07:26 PM

I had some business fairly close to Cabela's yesterday and decided to go there , even though I didnt expect them to have much reloading stuff on hand. The timing was pretty good for a change, picked up a new Bushmaster M4A3just as they were putting it on the rack, a Zieiss 4.5x14 for it, 150 loaded rds of 223, two pounds of powder, 9000 primers, tumbling media and 800 bullets. They were fairly busy for mid day on a friday.

I felt I helped with the stimulis :clap:
+Life is good, give God the glory +

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

From my searching Cabelas seem to have fairly good prices on reloading stuff. Both my son and I shoot 160 gr Nosler partitions out of our 7mm mags and I bought one box of 50 last summer here locally and man they cost me $42. I went to Kansas and found them at cabelas for $29. I am kinda stuck on the older brands of powders like IMR 4831 and H4831 and IMR 4198 but yesterday I did not find any of them but did pick up a canister of BLC-2. I am well supplied with small rifle primers and std large rifle primers but needed some Large Rifle Mag primers for the 7mms and after stopping at three places found what I wanted.

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

LOL 'tis the season???

I just spent a buck fifty at Gander today myself. It's funny, I went to the store, saw some camo clothing I liked, but felt the prices were high. So, I left without buying a thing and went home. I logged onto GanderMountain.com and clicked on their "Outlet" link. Every single item but one that I had looked at in the store was listed in there and averaged $10 cheaper per item.

I saved a bundle! :yahoo:

Best of all, my "camo bin" is now stocked with L and XL clothing instead of 5XL and 6XL. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

Let me know when you reach M and L and I 'll take the new XL stuff off your hands :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

LOL 'tis the season???

I just spent a buck fifty at Gander today myself. It's funny, I went to the store, saw some camo clothing I liked, but felt the prices were high. So, I left without buying a thing and went home. I logged onto GanderMountain.com and clicked on their "Outlet" link. Every single item but one that I had looked at in the store was listed in there and averaged $10 cheaper per item.

I saved a bundle! :yahoo:

Best of all, my "camo bin" is now stocked with L and XL clothing instead of 5XL and 6XL. :D

Gander does have some good clothing choices at times, especially their brand of stuff. That's a major size drop Jeremiah. Congrats. The large size stuff usually goes for the cheaper price too.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users