2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:02 PM

This was a gift from my brother-in-law. Pic doesn't do it justice. It's a beautiful old gun. It's an AYA doubble barrel 12 ga. Similar to the AYA Matador but this is a very early AYA shotgun. Never been able to find out the model. It's very well made, and a very exspensive gift, but the sentimental value far out weighs the monetary value. This was the first gun I ever hunted with and my brother-in-law taught me a lot about hunting. He had a stroke a few years back and can no longer hunt and I dearly miss hunting with him. He still goes out with me, when up to it, but he can no longer hold a gun. Next to Jason, he was my best hunting buddy. I offered to buy it off of him but he said no, he wanted to give it to me. I treasure it greatly and will hand it down to Jason in due time.

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 24 February 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:40 PM

Very Very nice gun my friend. I have a couple of gift guns that are as much sentimental value as monetary too.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 24 February 2009 - 05:57 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Very Very nice gun my friend. I have a couple of gift guns that are as much sentimental value as monetary too.

Thanks paul. I knew you could relate. Funny how us old U.S.A.F. vets have so much in common. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users