5 replies to this topic

#1 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

I think it was about seven years ago my friend Phil "I think you know him" asked me at work if I would come to an automotive prayer breakfast. The purpose was to pray for each other our coworkers and our dealers. I went and have missed few of the monthly meetings since. The breakfast not only expaned my waist but my spiritual life has been expanded as well. Not long after that Phil asked me to lead in a devotion at said breakfast which I did. I worked for hours on that five minute talk but if the guys didn't get anything out of it I did at least. I have continued to do several devotions and I really like it. Last year another friend ask if I would consider leading a church service at our local state park I said I would and did two services. What a thrill to share the word of God with people. Since then I have filled in a couple times in my Sunday School and just signed on to teach a 13 week class plus we are still looking forward to our first service at the state park this weekend. I still can't believe this poor shy farm boy would get up in front of people and talk about his Lord but then why not. Thank you Phil for getting me started and thank you Lord for useing me.

#2 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:25 PM

AMEN Harry!!!
What time do the services start?
And I need directions again...........not going by the States site again ;)
When are you speaking? And is Phil going to speak some time?

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:06 PM

Thanks for being a Blessing in my life Harry! :pray:
Sure is something to think of all the folks who've come into our lives since that 1st breakfast(8 yrs ago come Aug.)...especially through BO board, Elkatraz, etc....He is Good!
Posted Image

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:33 PM

Harry it has been a real pleasure getting to know you. God knew what was inside even if you didn't. Kind of reminds me of the parable of faith the size of a mustard seed. If more of us would just let go and let God who knows what He can do through us.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

Tomorrow morning at 10:30 is our first service they will continue every Sunday till Labor day same time same station. Yes Phil is scheduled to have a service but we are not telling him when, going to make it a suprise. Holy smokes I just looked and I am next week. Directions OK take route 44 NORTH to the town of Waterville as soon as you cross the bridge turn right go about six mile to the camp ground. If anyone needs more help e-mail or call me.

#6 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Well our first service has come and gone. Troy made arrangements to have a keyboard there for music and he had a couple girls from our church sing a special but no one could have guessed the outcome. As we neared the 10:30 start time we had a fair crowd but the more time passed the more people came and when it was all said and done we had 86 folks at our service. We were thrilled, that shatters all of our records. Thank you Lord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users