No replies to this topic

#1 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

I've got a Ruger 10/22 that I acquired over 20 years ago. At that time, a friend of mine had a bunch of archery and hunting gear that he traded to me for some stuff that I no longer had use for. Seemed like a good trade. Some junk I no longer wanted for some junk that he no longer had any use for.

Anyhow, in his box of "rellished collectables" ( :blink: ) was an AMT Sanford/Eaton 50-rnd drum magazine for the Ruger 10/22. AH! A match made in heaven I thought!

I only used the drum mag once and of course it jammed a couple times before I could empty the 50 rounds, but man when she was cycling rounds out of her, was she ever throwing lead! But I digress.

I used to go on GunBroker.com and keep a vigil on what the value of guns and parts were going for, and low and behold, back in the 90s, that AMT drum clip, in its original box, with the original instructions sheet, was selling for over $200 US. GADZOOKS! "I was rich", I thought.

Well I never listed it thinking my investement would only grow in time and envisioned taking it onto the Antiques Roadshow in another 30 years to find out it was worth $20,000. (Ya Right!)

There's been some "ban" legislation cited and I hear a lot about "Post Ban" and Pre-Ban" dialogue now, so I don't really know if this 50-rounder of mine is legal or not. And if it is leagal....or not, what regional locales does it apply to or not apply?

And ya, you don't have to tell me that the AMT Sanford/Eaton 50-rndr is no good, cause I've been on a number of other gun related forums that have cited that issue........over and over and over again! O.K. I got it. AMT Sanford/Eaton no good! 10-4 on the 10/22 parts.

So here's my dilemma, I know it is functionally no good! But does it have value as a collectable, citing that it may be affected by this "pre-ban" thing-a-ma-bobby"? It's in the original box, which is in excellent condition and has the original instruction sheet. It's only had one box of .22s through it as well.

And remember, I know it's no good, so no need to tell me again.

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users