• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Blair Holt Firearm Licensing
& Record of Sale Act

2-16-9

Read this folks....amazing. Have fun coming to my home and enforcing these laws...lol.

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

ˇIt is registered

ˇYou are fingerprinted

ˇYou supply a current Driver's License

ˇYou supply your Social Security #

ˇYou will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

ˇEach update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

ˇThere is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe.
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-b in/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA

More On Gun Grab HR 45 Here...

http://news..google.com/news?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=in&ned=&q=HR+45&btnG=Search+News
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

Thanks Whip. My brothers were telling me about this a couple of days ago. It's time to be active and don't sit back waiting for some one else to do it for you. :hmm:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Looks like a rep from Illinois sponsored the bill but there are no co-sponsors listed. Whether that is good or bad I really don't know. I copied some text of the bill below. It seems like an opportunity for them to acquire a list of everyone's guns in order to make it easier some day to take them all away and also that $25 fee per person will add up to a few Billion dollars considering how many gun owners there are in this country. Plus, do they require an actual passport as listed below in vague lingo as "A passport sized photograph"?? There again, it could be another fee to get a passport for those who don't have one and more income for the government. Then they mention about taking a firearms test upon application and lord knows what they will put in there. I couldn't live far enough from these idiots...

Firearm Licensing Requirement-

`(1) IN GENERAL- It shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to possess a qualifying firearm on or after the applicable date, unless that person has been issued a firearm license--

`(A) under title I of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, which license has not been invalidated or revoked under that title; or

`( B) pursuant to a State firearm licensing and record of sale system certified under section 602 of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, which license has not been invalidated or revoked under State law.

`(2) APPLICABLE DATE- In this subsection, the term `applicable date' means--

`(A) with respect to a qualifying firearm that is acquired by the person before the date of the enactment of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, 2 years after such date of enactment; and

`( B) with respect to a qualifying firearm that is acquired by the person on or after the date of the enactment of Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, 1 year after such date of enactment.'.

SEC. 102. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS.

(a) In General- In order to be issued a firearm license under this title, an individual shall submit to the Attorney General (in accordance with the regulations promulgated under subsection ( B) ) an application, which shall include--

(1) a current, passport-sized photograph of the applicant that provides a clear, accurate likeness of the applicant;

(2) the name, address, and date and place of birth of the applicant;

(3) any other name that the applicant has ever used or by which the applicant has ever been known;

(4) a clear thumb print of the applicant, which shall be made when, and in the presence of the entity to whom, the application is submitted;

(5) with respect to each category of person prohibited by Federal law, or by the law of the State of residence of the applicant, from obtaining a firearm, a statement that the individual is not a person prohibited from obtaining a firearm;

(6) a certification by the applicant that the applicant will keep any firearm owned by the applicant safely stored and out of the possession of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;

(7) a certificate attesting to the completion at the time of application of a written firearms examination, which shall test the knowledge and ability of the applicant regarding--

(A) the safe storage of firearms, particularly in the vicinity of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;

( B) the safe handling of firearms;

© the use of firearms in the home and the risks associated with such use;

(D) the legal responsibilities of firearms owners, including Federal, State, and local laws relating to requirements for the possession and storage of firearms, and relating to reporting requirements with respect to firearms; and

(E) any other subjects, as the Attorney General determines to be appropriate;

(8) an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant;

(9) the date on which the application was submitted; and

(10) the signature of the applicant.

( B) Regulations Governing Submission- The Attorney General shall promulgate regulations specifying procedures for the submission of applications to the Attorney General under this section, which regulations shall--

(1) provide for submission of the application through a licensed dealer or an office or agency of the Federal Government designated by the Attorney General;

(2) require the applicant to provide a valid identification document (as defined in section 1028(d)(2) of title 18, United States Code) of the applicant, containing a photograph of the applicant, to the licensed dealer or to the office or agency of the Federal Government, as applicable, at the time of submission of the application to that dealer, office, or agency; and

(3) require that a completed application be forwarded to the Attorney General not later than 48 hours after the application is submitted to the licensed dealer or office or agency of the Federal Government, as applicable.

© Fees-

(1) IN GENERAL- The Attorney General shall charge and collect from each applicant for a license under this title a fee in an amount determined in accordance with paragraph (2).

(2) FEE AMOUNT- The amount of the fee collected under this subsection shall be not less than the amount determined by the Attorney General to be necessary to ensure that the total amount of all fees collected under this subsection during a fiscal year is sufficient to cover the costs of carrying out this title during that fiscal year, except that such amount shall not exceed $25.

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

If all else fails, Obama still has to sign it to make it law and he PROMISED not to mess with the 2nd ammendment if elected president. So you should feel perfectly safe.

He also promised NO LOBBYISTS ON HIS CABINET (and there are)

He also promised I WILL READ EVERY BILL THAT COMES BEFORE ME AND ELIMINATE EVERY EARMARK (and he hasn't)

I'm not feeling so safe anymore
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:06 AM

Well said Larry!! He's just a typical politician and I don't see any CHANGE there. Lies, Lies, and more Lies.

#6 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

Ya, and guess what!...that politician from Illinois who sponsored it.....he is a convicted felon and doesn't have the right to own a gun....that right was stripped from him. So it should make us all feel just awesome that someone who isn't allowed to own one can decide if the rest of America can. This is complete and utter BS and I am disgusted. I'll keep my money, my freedom, and my guns.....YOU CAN KEEP THE "CHANGE"!
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users