• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

The PGC released harvest reports for the 08 black bear season.
12 bears over 600lbs were harvested by hunters and the largest weighed a whopping 716lbs....sure makes a fella think about the predawn hikes into the mountains carrying only a bow. :bored:
Posted Image

#2 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

Phil...that's why you take seth with you :) ohhh and spill a honey pack on his shoes before heading out ;)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#3 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:16 PM

That's ok, now in PA your concealed carry permit supercedes the PGC law against carrying a loaded firearm while archery hunting... and since 9 times out of 10 I'm also lugging around anywhere from 4-5 grand worth of video equipment I'm packing heat... even in rifle season. So I'm covered against bear... I even have the video in hand to prove it's self-defense.
Posted Image

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

A dozen bears the size of a grizzly is really something. If I recall it was nearly the same for the past several years. Folks PA has some monster black bears. A 600 lb bear is grizzly size. I met one a few years ago the first day of our deer season. Up close and personal too. After the bear finally left I stepped it off and it was less than 12 yds away. It was absolutely huge in the scope too. I realized that bear was only about two jumps away from me and just stared at me for what seemed like an eternity till it turned sidways and very slowly walked away for about 40 or 50 yds and then it took off like I had shot at it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

Those are some real monsters. PARR, if it had run from me like it had been shot I would have assumed it was from the stench coming from my Fruit of the Looms. :D :D
Posted Image

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

Wayne you just may not be too far off. :D :blush:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users