2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

Jason and I went to a gun show in Springfield today. He took a Marlin Camp 9mm with him to sell or trade. He had a tachtical stock on it, plus the original checkered wood stock. We looked through the whole show and right at the very last table we had a Eurika! moment. The guy at the table wanted the Camp 9 bad. Said he already owned one but wanted another one for his wife. We came away with huge smiles on our faces!!!! The guy had a Weihrauch HWM Bounty Hunter .44 mag, nickle plated, and in a very nice 1880's style holster and gun belt. The holster and gunbelt alone is worth $175. While Jason was debating trading, realy he'd already decided he would, he noticed a camo synthetic stock and forearm for a T/C Encore. He pointed it out to me, knowing I've long been wanting one. The price was only $100 which was a heck of a deal. The best part was, the guy that wanted Jason's Camp 9 said he'd throw the stock and forearm in on the deal. Me and Jason both almost fainted! (Jason only had about $250 in the Camp 9) Trying to conceal our delight, while jumping up and down doing a victory dance, Jason told the guy, "You got yourself a deal!" The pistol is a replica of the Colt Peacemaker but a much better made one than the many Italian made ones you run accross. It was made in Germany. I offered to pay Jason for the stock and forearm but he just handed them to me, smiled and said Merry Christmas dad! I gave him a big hug and told him thanks. The only draw back of the deal, a very minor problem, is that the forearm is for the 209x50 barrel. Sooo, I'll put it on here and on ebay and just buy me a centerfire forearm. Might even just keep it in case one day I do end up buying a .50 barrel. Anyways here's pics of the gun, stock and forearm. I took the pic off Gun Broker because I forgot to get a pic before Jason left. It's identical to Jason's. Will post a pic of the actual pistol and holster next time he's up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 21 March 2009 - 04:19 PM.

#2 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:15 PM

Im looking for a Weihrauch 44 mag in nick 7.5" just like the one you bought. Do you still have it and would you sell it?

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

A very nice looking firearm there.  And a real stopper of a caliber.  I have a Ruger Redhawk in .44 mag and its real fun to shoot, but unless you reload..  expensive.  Cartridges are really expensive here.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users