1 Week Or 2 Months

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:44 PM

Well I sold my baby eagle 9mm and rolled that cash plus a tad bit more and ordered a Smith & Wesion H&P Compact 40 cal with night sites. Mike says the supplier has them in stock...so it might be 1 1/2 weeks ...( but the last guy he told that too, it took 1 1/2 months ) and he was up front about that with me.

I've handled and shot the S&W 40 cal M+P and its a great feeling firearm.... the compact isn't something I'll be taking out shooting alot, this is souly for the purpose of my CCW. I'll shoot it enough to be comfortable with it.

now the wait is on.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:11 AM

I also feel that the 40 is a better choice than the 9mm. Especially if someones life depends on it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:38 AM

here is the specs

Model: M&P40c
Caliber: .40S&W
Capacity: 10 Rounds
Action: Striker Fire Action
Barrel Length: 3.5"
Front Sight: White Dot Dovetail
Rear Sight: Steel Low Profile Carry
Overall Length: 6.7"
Weight: 21.9 oz.
Grip: 3 Interchangeable Palmswell Grip Sizes
Material: Polymer Frame/Stainless Steel Barrel and Slide
Finish: Black Melonite®, 68 HRc

I did an upgrade to night sites.

Posted Image
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

Nice!!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:08 AM

Nice looking personal protection, but for bears, shoot, reload pray then run past Larry$.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:55 AM

I'm more worried about the biker bar's Larry takes me too....then I am about bears....for bears i'd carry the S&W 629 44mag ;)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

Nice looking personal protection, but for bears, shoot, reload pray then run past Larry$.

:lol: :rofl: :rofl: RobertR you know it!!!

From my experience with a HK 40 cal. it's the second and third shot you'll have trouble with so you have to make the first one count. The kick is pretty good on light hand gun.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

hopefully I'll know soon, had a message on my machine....the gun is at the dealers ;)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#9 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Still tryin' to hook up on the 629... when you heading this way?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

its like Christmas....got a call that the S&W was in....then got a call that my CCW was in as well.

top it off, S&W is doing a promo....2 additional clips with the purchase of a new M&P.
it came with 2 already. so that will be 4 clips for it.

not sure Larry, might have some open days later this week. Let me know when you get it and I'll see about running down.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

took her out and shot her for the first time today, sweet shooting gun. I honestly would consider letting go of my kimber to go with the full size S&W 45 M&P

Smith & Wesson really put one together here.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:51 AM

Those black guns do look cool. :bigthumb: Congrats!

How's the recoil when getting back on target for the second and third round? Ever thought about going with a laser for it? I watched a couple shows lately that demonstrates setting them up like you do a scope but once you do it's pretty cool how quick you can get back to the next round and stay deadly.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#13 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:45 AM

It has some recoil being a compact, but not that bad.

I have photos of the first 2 clips I ran through it, was getting a feel for the gun. first clip I was shooting low & when I adjusted went left. 2nd clip I was finding my mark. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really thought I wouldn't enjoy shooting it, being a compact, but it was a blast. smooth, feels awesome in your hand, I put night sights on it, picking up the target and lining up the sites is quick, it is a 3 1/2 inch so won't be quite as tight as with a longer barrel but for home/self protection , it is one awesome gun.

Came with a case, two clips and S&W was doing a coupon where you mail in a copy of your receipt and the coupon and get 2 additional mags. Can't beat that.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#14 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:05 PM

:clap: I'd recommend not getting the laser for your new gun. :cool: It would appear you don't need it :lol: Nice shooting Bruce! Most encounters anyway in home defense are going to be less than half that distance you practiced at above.

#15 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:53 PM

That's a nice looking and apparently good shooting pistol. Small guns are really tough for me to shoot with my monster mitts. I'm glad you like it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users