An Oldie, But A Goodie...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

I spent about 30 minutes today breathing new life into an old shotgun. I first have to sing the praises of Hunter's Specialties Gun Camo Kit. (Not the paint. The sheets of removable camo-printed vinyl cut to fit your gun.) They don't make them anymore, so don't bother looking. But, I have to tell you... This thing looked almost as good as a factory camo dip when it was on and even after being on the gun for over 5 years it peeled right off without leaving even one single spot of residue behind! Compared to the old cloth tape that was an absolute nightmare and mess to clean up, this stuff was amazing. (It's sad they don't make it anymore. Oh well.)

Anyway, what was I undressing? I'm glad you asked!
Say hello to my little friend...
Posted Image

Ithaca XL900 20 Gauge

I also added one of these...
Fiber Optic Sight

I've used them for years from various manufacturers, but they are not your standard front fiber optic sight. The portion closest to your eye is a hollow tube. Unless your head is perfectly aligned on the stock you can't look down the tube which means you can't see the fiber optic. If you see the fiber optic dot, you know you're aligned. It's an absolutely awesome sight as it is fast enough for upland and clay shooting yet precise enough for "aiming" as when turkey hunting. (For what it's worth, Tom Knapp only uses this style sight when he is doing all of his hunting and exhibition shooting.)

Well, I'm sure by now the CASTERS members reading this already know why I'm cleaning this gun up now. I figure back-up to the bow just in case... and maybe even for a little pigeon busting on the auto-loader tip should the opportunity ever present itself again.

Be afraid.
Be very afraid.
:P

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:49 AM

....hmmm, so yer saying that Ol' Jere is planning on running the Gauntlet at another HoHo busting party eh?
Sweet shotgun btw ! :fudd:
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:04 AM

Mighty purdy even if it is naked.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

....hmmm, so yer saying that Ol' Jere is planning on running the Gauntlet at another HoHo busting party eh?
Sweet shotgun btw ! :fudd:

I'm just figuring it's time to give dad his old double barrel back.
(You could see the nervousness in his eye. :lol: )

As to snack cake shooting... I can't hit a Hostess pie, let alone a HoHo. :doh2:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users