3 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

A year or so ago, I bought a Diana RWS 350 Magnum .22 calibre airgun. She is one smokin' pellet rifle at 1000 fps with a .22. I bought a 4X12 RWS scope for it last year on ebay, and used a couple of scope rings that I salvaged off of an old .22 rimfire that I had to mount it. Big mistake. The spring action recoil on an airgun requires a significantly more stable scope mount to prevent creeping of the scope off the dovetail rail.

I've been looking at a couple of mounts that have a vertical pin stop that seem to address the movement that I'm experiencing. The two "one piece" scope mounts that I'm looking at are an "Accushot" and a "Beeman" one piece mount. The "Accushot" has three locking screws that secure the mount to the dovetail while the "Beeman" has four. They both have four screws on each of the two rings on the one piece mount, and each comes with tape for inside the rings to ensure a secure mount. I'm guessing that quality is the significant difference between the two.

The "Accushot" can be purchased for about $20 US while the "Beeman" is about $60. I looked them both up on a website called "Pyramyd Air Gun Mall" which seems to be good retailer on the web.

Anyone else have any experience with either of these two scope mounts and also with Pyramyd Air Gun Mall?

TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#2 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

Sorry, TBow... I can't tell you anything about those two or that site, however I bought some from Crossman back when I bought my little .177 caliber pellet gun (forever ago.). They weren't anything fancy but worked good enough to hold an old .22 scope on that rifle for me. I'm sure your's has a little more umph to it though, so those from Crossman might not be good enough...
BrandonT

#3 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:49 PM

Well I finally bit the bullet (figuratively speaking) and bought a new one piece scope mount for my Diana 350 Magnum air rifle. The darn mount was almost as expensive as the RWS scope I purchased last year for it. I searched ebay and the internet for one piece mounts and found several that ranged in price from just under $10 to $70. Of course that's all in U$ funds so I'd have to pay S&H, plus the exchange rate from cdn to US $$$$s as well as the duty (if it's not made in north america, which a lot of them aren't) and applicable sales and federal taxes when they come through customs. I didn't want to take a chance on the lower priced units, cause let's face it, the old addage, "you can pay me now or pay me later", may well come into play here. So I layed out top dollar at the local gun shop (sometimes it pays to support the local vendors) and bought a Diana single block mount for high power air rifles for $100.

Gon'na mount 'er tonight on the 350 and try and light 'er up tomorrow at the range.

WARNING TO ALL SQUIRRELS: TBow is now loaded for bear (and squirrels) and considered armed and dangerous!!!!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#4 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

Oops! I made a mistake when I got the scope mount. The Diana scope mount is a one piece unit for a 1" (25.4 mm) scope. The RWS 4 X 12 scope that I purchased last year is a 30 mm unit. Dangnabbit! How could I miss that!

Well anyway, I pulled a cheap 4 X power scope off of my Ruger 10/22 with a 1" body and threw it on the air rifle. I took the RWS 4 X 12 with its two original 30 mm rings and popped it on the Ruger. Man does that Ruger ever look small with that big scope on top of it!

I may just yet pick up a 30 mm one piece scope mount off of ebay, cause I'd sure like to see that 4 X 12 on the Diana 350 magnum pellet rifle.

Was gon'na hit the range yesterday or today, but what can I say? Rain! Rain! Rain! Has kept me in doors.

Geoff / TBow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users