Photo

I Have A Friend Who Is Looking For A Cheap Computer .

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 indianahunter1

indianahunter1

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:12 PM

guy's i have a friend who i hunt with that is looking for a cheap computer . he want's a computer so he can get on the hunting site's . if anyone know's anyone who is giving away a computer or selling one cheap please pm me or send me a email .

james
www.huntingenthusiast.net

HUNTINGENTHUSIAST PRO STAFF

indianahunter1

take a child hunting and fishing so they too can enjoy the great outdoor's .

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

I just gave one away a couple months back. :(

Honestly, if you just shop around you can find new ridiculously cheap anymore. Best part, even the most bare-bones new PC is likely to be better spec-wise than anything used. (Stuff is obsolete 6 months after you buy it anymore.)

Check newegg.com, compusa.com, and buy.com. I get mailers from them all the time with PCs between $200 and $300. A 19" monitor can be had now to go with it for another $100.

Example:
eMachine from NewEgg - $239.99
Hanns-G 19" Display from NewEgg - $119.99
$359.98
~$30.00 S&H
$389.98 Total

You're not gonna run the world with that box, but it's more than enough for the average web surfer.
NewEgg is absolutely excellent when it comes to customer service and fast shipping too.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:34 PM

I agree with Jere about Newegg. Good company to deal with.

Here's another option, somewhat more expensive but a heck of a lot of computer for the money. My wife just got on for work. It's darn nice for $499.

Acer Aspire
Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

I agree with Jere about Newegg. Good company to deal with.

Here's another option, somewhat more expensive but a heck of a lot of computer for the money. My wife just got on for work. It's darn nice for $499.

Acer Aspire

You're darn right that's a nice notebook.
Adding on, there are "lesser" Acers for even better prices. I have an Aspire 5315 that I'm able to run Photoshop and iTunes on simultaneously without a problem and it's only a Celeron processor. :eek:
I paid $350 new a little over a year ago. (Ended up putting another $80 or so into it to double the RAM, but still.) Haven't had a single problem since other than installing a new hard drive last week.

=======

P.S. Leo, I dropped a 7200 RPM HD in mine to replace the 5400. I never would have believed the performance increase. Might want to make that a $580 notebook... :whistle:
Western Digital Scorpio Black
Seagate Momentus
(I went with the Seagate this time. Honestly, I can't tell a difference between the two though. Both even run cooler and quieter than the Hitachi 5400 Acer had in there. :doh2: )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:25 AM

there is another option too I know James lives in Connersville Indiana so I did a yahoo search for the local freecycle to him they give away things on there all the time or you can get rid of your things you dont want so if you put in your city name or county name in a yahoo search (example connersville Freecycle ) you would get this http://www.freecycle...na/Connersville and you join its free and post things you are looking for or want to give away
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#6 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

Wal Mart has them occasionally for 398.00$ for a complete compute with a 19 inch monitor...Pretty basic but usually they have about 2 gigs of ram and a 200 gig hard drive. For another 100 to 150$ you can get a dual core processor and 3-4 gigs of ram and a 300-500 gig hard drive-with a dvd burner..They really are comin gdown in price..

Leep:
Posted Image

#7 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

We figure out what we need then go to Wal Mart. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users