4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

Here's mine and Jason's toys. I have a life long passion for single actions. Hang one in a good holster on your hip and it just feels right! :D I think these three pistols about cover any need we might have for a hunting side arm.

Heritage Arms Rough Rider Convertible .22 - .22 mag, 6 1/2" barrel ( I love the Cocobolo grips. The concho on the Mexican Double Loop holster is made from a vintage half dollar. This is my carry along any time I head into the woods to scout or to just take long walks. The gunbelt and holster is also made by Heritage Arms. ) It's a very accurate and enjoyable pistol to shoot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

German Made HWM Bounty Hunter .44 Mag, 5" barrel ( Jason just got this in a trade. One we acutualy came out on top of. It's very well made and feels mighty good in the hand. Jason and I realy like the gunbelt and holster that came with it, a $175 bonus with the trade. )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Richland Arms 1860 Colt Old Army Calvary Model .44, 7 1/2" barrel ( I bought this pistol new a bit over 30 years ago. It has an extremely smooth action, light triger pull and is quite accurate. This pistol has a feel I can't exsplain but it FEELS RIGHT, very well balanced! I've never pointed it at anything that I didn't hit! A good friend use to tease me about this gun....until I drew and fired and hit a fence post at 35 yards. He got a permanent case of lockjaw after that! I realy love this old gun. It's like an old dear friend and has become an heirloom to be handed down to Jason. It's engraved, including all the brass, and I want to have my name engraved in the back strap where the engraving forms a rectangle. The finish isn't stainless, it's called British Grey. I realy should get a C.S.A. military holster for it and the shoulder stock that clamps to the grip. The Slim Jim holster, that it's in, is great for fast draws though. :D )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 12 April 2009 - 11:56 AM.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 12 April 2009 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image

:)- :)- :)-

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

:)- :)- :)-

Here's where I want my last name engraved, or my initials, inside the rectangle center of the backstrap. Sure has pretty grips don't it? :D

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 12 April 2009 - 01:51 PM.

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

I am currently infected with 6gunfever also. COngrats and thx for posting the great pics of yours. They are total fun. Have a 44 Super Blackhawk 7.5 and a 44 Sauer Western Marshal 5.5, currently desiring a used 44 Stainless Super Blackhawk 5.5. I dont have holster rigs like yours yet but that will come in time as I seek LH ones in the Rooster Cogburn style of high ride rigs.

If I was a young man I'd just HAVE to get into that Cowboy Mounted Shooting Assn thing. A local 13yo gal here in Pueblo is the world champ in her age bracket. Being world champ of any gun thing is something for sure. I recently found a pic of Tom Horn's Colt, it's really cool. Singles are just plain funnnn...

CONGRATS TO THE US NAVY SEALS WHO KILLED OUR ENEMIES AND RECOVERED THE SHIP CAPT OFF SOMALIA TODAY. :clap: :clap: :clap: http://www.msnbc.msn...8013/?GT1=43001
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

Quote [ I dont have holster rigs like yours yet but that will come in time as I seek LH ones in the Rooster Cogburn style of high ride rigs. ]

Dang, you should have been at the gun show with us. A guy had a large assortment of gunbelts and holsters made by him. They were all quite nice and priced extremely reasonable. He had just about any kind of rig you could imagine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users