6 replies to this topic

#1 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:13 AM

Waters were VERY rough- 5 - 7 foot seas - caught a nice dauphin (17 lbs) but the captain missed the gaft & lost him. This is what we brought homePosted Image more pictures in my album

Edited by vcross, 13 April 2009 - 07:14 AM.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:29 AM

Congrats on a rough day at sea! :clap:
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:50 AM

Nice Bull and hens MAI MAI or Dolphin fish. Fresh they are the best eating. Rough seas can ruin a good day.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

A fresh Wahoo beats a Mahi Mahi Rowdy. Trust me!

Still Mahi Mahi's are ABSOLUTELY one of my favorites to eat. No question they are great table fare.

Vicky, everyone misses with a gaff sometimes. It's not so easy.
Posted Image

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

A fresh Wahoo beats a Mahi Mahi Rowdy. Trust me!

Still Mahi Mahi's are ABSOLUTELY one of my favorites to eat. No question they are great table fare.

Vicky, everyone misses with a gaff sometimes. It's not so easy.

Leo you have more experience with wahoo than I do. The last time I ate wahoo down in Mexico I was sick for several days. But it could have been the water. :blink: :lol: Don't drink the water. :no: The wahoo was fresh caught that day by a friend and it was excellent.

Vicki what did you think about your catch when it came to putting it on the dish with fork in hand? ;)

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 15 April 2009 - 08:34 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:20 AM

The dolphin is great on the grill. We were suppose to fish back from Ramrod Key to Marathon and then go fishing for Wahoo but the water was too rough. Didn't make it back to Marathon until the next day but caught Mango snapper off the dock in front of the house we were staying - haven't tried them yet. Caught a 4 lb Peacock Bass in the canals in Miami but we released him back - don't have my pic back on him yet. We were suppose to have an afternoon of hog hunting but ran out of time - already trying to find another time to go back!!!!! :clap:

A group that hunt with us in GA are from Miami - we look after some of their property for them - planting food plots, keeping feeders up, etc... They treated us to this trip!!!! They even took us out for a lobster dinner before we left!!! I felt like we had won the lottery!!!!!! without having to pay the taxes :blink:

#7 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:14 AM

Nice fishies! Glad that you are having a blast. I'm going this weekend after monster rainbow. The ice has peeled back enough that they are being caught now. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users