27 replies to this topic

#16 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:50 PM

Since I have not hunt allot of different animal or species and I can say I have had fun hunting any of the animals I have hunted. And that is mainly due to the people/friends I have hunted with. But I'm always looking to hunt something different and the challenge that it brings. Someday I'd like to hunt black tail deer, mule deer, and elk out west after I get my antelope down. I have to start with the "A" animal first and work my way through the alphabet :D
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#17 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:20 AM

As a young lad it was the thrill of stalking through the rain on the darkest of nights ready to pounce upon any nightcrawler that was spotted in the flashlight's narrow beam. The hapless game would be relocated to a moss filled bucket for the next day's fishing adventure.Hmmm...maybe this was where the "Phil & Rain" fame started.
Nowadays I'd say Elk, Turkey, and Antelope(which was an unexpected hoot to experience...thanks again Huck!)
I'd say Whitetail last only because I've hunted them for over 37 years but still love too....the game mentioned above are still a "rookie" experience ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Phil, 28 April 2009 - 04:23 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:11 PM

My favorite species to hunt is where ever the longbeards are gobbling.

I live to turkey hunt.
Your eye in the northeast sky.

#19 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

Don't really have a favorite, just love to be able to hunt them all one day.

turbo

#20 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

Like Leo, my favorite is the species I haven't hunted before. Like Whip. I like hunting those things that hunt back. I look forward to finding that island in the middle of the Pacific where volcanos puff and T-Rexs roam freely. I think I would really enjoy being shrunk. Can you image all the species of bugs you could hunt? Wow, who wouldn't want to skewer a skeeter the size of an elephant?

It's a relegion...it's the tinder for dreams.

Anytime Phil.....need a mule deer?
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#21 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:30 AM

anything anywhere anytime

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#22 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Like Leo, my favorite is the species I haven't hunted before. Like Whip. I like hunting those things that hunt back. I look forward to finding that island in the middle of the Pacific where volcanos puff and T-Rexs roam freely. I think I would really enjoy being shrunk. Can you image all the species of bugs you could hunt? Wow, who wouldn't want to skewer a skeeter the size of an elephant?

It's a relegion...it's the tinder for dreams.

Anytime Phil.....need a mule deer?

Huck, I can just picture you stalking through the jungle with a gnarly club over your shoulder and a spear in your hand looking for ole T-Rex! As for being shrunk and hunting bugs, the dang tics are a bad enough problem without them being the size of Volkswagons. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#23 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:34 PM

I hear ya norm, but really, hunting ticks the size of cars would be fun Too. The blood suckers would for sure be on my hit list-to the point where I make them endangered! I would surely love to have the bone collector hunting with me.
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#24 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

gladly bro, I think I may be able to tick tip em on there side and hook in a rear naked choke and put em to sleep. we'll make a new green sci category for em. I could always use another top 10 animal.

bc

Prostaff.jpg

#25 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

After hunting since 1955 I too am an avid spring turkey hunter. My reason is that I personally am an active participant in getting one on the ground. Most deer hunting is passive. By that I mean after scouting you set up and ambush your quarry. With turkeys you speak their language and litterally call them into range, that is active participation. Most of the deer I have taken the big rush lasts minutes but with a turkey it can last as long as several hours.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#26 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

Huck, you and Marty are always welcome here anytime. :D

Paul, you put it all in a nutshell very well my friend. Add hunting with a good friend, or relative, and you have a recipe that is mighty hard to beat.

#27 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

I have to get my feet under me right now I am just beat up right now it seems but still swinging for the fences

BC

Prostaff.jpg

#28 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 02 August 2009 - 01:46 AM

My favorite species to hunt is something I haven't hunted before!

I can have a new favorite every couple years or so. There is a whole world of stuff out there. I dream big!

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU LEO!
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users