3 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:33 AM

Some of you have been members long enough to remember way back when, in 2001, when I won The Secrets Of The Hunt contest and got to hunt Pronghorn with Dave Watson in Wyoming. Part of the prize package was a T/C Encore in my choice of caliber. I chose .270. The Bushnell Elite 3 x 9 x 40 was also part of the prize and is a mighty good scope I might add. Well, seeing as how I hunt in some pretty nasty weather, in pretty rough terrain, and also carry the Encore on a ATV quite often I have long toyed with the idea of changing the Walnut stock and forearm to a synthetic one. Recently Jason made one heck of a trade at a gun show and got me a stock and forearm thrown in on the deal. It was a lot easier to change the stock than I thought it would be. The bolt is under the grip cap. I got my Pronghorn on that trip and have killed many a Whitetail with my Encore since. I truly love this gun. Here's how she looks with the new stock and forearm. :D

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 24 April 2009 - 05:02 PM.

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Nice looking weapon there Norm Congratulations
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:27 PM

Looks good Norm.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:26 PM

Thanks guys. I'll feel a whole lot better carrying it over rough terrain and in nasty weather now. Of all my guns, that I now have or ever had, this Encore is my favorite. Can't say it enough, I love this rifle. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users