6 replies to this topic

#1 tdl12321

tdl12321

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

I've got an old 4-10 shot gun and I was wondering if it had any value. Anybody know any websites that might help out?

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:41 AM

tdl give us the make, model, type of action whether it is a commemerative and your best guess as to condition. I have some somewhat dated gun value books that I might give you a ball park figure. At least what they were valued a few years ago.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

Td, go to Gun Broker.com. It's a major auction site for firearms of all types and the best way I've found to find the value of any type of gun. Click on shotguns on the main page, then type in the make and model of your shotgun in the search box. I'd be very surprised if you don't find one like yours as this is a huge auction site used by major gun dealers. They have everything from the newest state of the art firearms to the most ancient antique. I keep the site on my favorites list and when buying, selling or trading a gun I always check it first to see what said gun is going for. Anyone that is interested in guns will love Gun Broker and they have things like knives and swords too. When bored I get on their site and can spend hours drooling over what's for sale. :yes:

Edited by Spirithawk, 03 June 2006 - 11:05 AM.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

Td, here's the url for Gun Broker. Guy's check it out you all will love it.
http://www.gunbroker.com/

Edited by Spirithawk, 03 June 2006 - 11:06 AM.

#5 tdl12321

tdl12321

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for the help guys. That gunbroker really is a neat site. Had to book mark that one. Well, it seems that my Stevens 410 model 94a (single barrel) isn't worth much. Does have sentimental value as it came from my Grandpa.

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:52 PM

travis, keep in mind, what has value on an auction site, may not show what a collecter would pay.

I ran into a deal years ago, guy owned 3 handguns. Offered to sell them to me for 200.00. H&R 32 H&R 22 and the one that caught my attention a colt 25 semi auto.

I told Splick I only was interested in the one. He said nope all or none. He didnt believe they had value, I tried to explain that the colt semi auto had more value then he thought. He stated nope...can't hunt with it, its not worth much.

I sold the two H&R's for the 200.00 I paid, I've been offered over 1K for that little colt.

value is not always seen in the same ways. :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:31 AM

I did check my two somewhat dated gun value books on that Stevens and you are correct this shotgun has little collector value. These were inexpensive guns new and bunches were sold to those of us who had only a little cash to spend. I am sure it has sentimental value to you as most of us put a high value on grandpa's guns and no one can put a price tag on that.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users