The Moose

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:16 AM

Posted Image Well I stopped by Paul's shop yesterday to check up on my moose. Paul E Front Range Taxidermy, Broomfield Colorado. ... Paul does some of the most outstanding work I've seen. We walk in and on his counter is a fox head mount he is doing the finishing touches on...it looked so real and alive it was amazing, Then hanging on his work stand there is a shoulder mount Zebra. I look around and sitting on the floor is my moose. He still has stuff on him while he dries, hide still has tacks in it holding it down, but he is about two weeks from completion at this point.

Posted Image

Paul pulls the zebra off of his work stand and says, lets put this boy up and take a look at him.
The two of us pick him up and get him hung on the stand.
Randy says, stand next to him we need to be able to have a relation to size here.
So she snaps a couple of photos of me with the almost completed moose.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wanted a shot of Paul in there, he didn't want his photo taken...So I got a side shot that shows a bit more the color this boy has...and I caught Paul in the back ground :)

Posted Image

They have another moose hanging in the shop. It seems to have a very flat brown appearance to him, this one has a ton of tan high lights.
In about 2 weeks we'll bring him home and I'll get some shots of him up in the house.

My wife informed me I had better get moving on putting the addition on our house LOL. it only takes money honey :)
She says the moose won't be done justice till he's hanging over the fireplace she wants in the new family room :) .....some day.

Edited by McBruce, 08 June 2009 - 02:41 AM.

McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

Paul did all my stuff from Africa. He does some outstanding work.

That moose is a fine example. I bet the face detail is very good but it's hard to see without a close up.

That's a heck of a good Canadian Moose!
Posted Image

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:45 AM

Leo, trustme the detail ( even not finished yet ) is outstanding.

I was looking it over, and was amazed how real his stuff looks.

Last time I was there he had a Sabel he was working on...Huck was drooling.

the fox he had on the work bench, I mean you would swear it was alive.

The guy has some true talent , not just anyone can make them look like he does.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

Cool monster Bruce :bigthumb: Glad you have confidence in your taxi guy. That sure helps make the memory last and the story continue once he's above the mantle of your new fireplace.

I'm hoping I might send Paul one of Colorado's fine specimen's of a speed goat in August. You might have to introduce me to Paul if I get it done early. Two months to go and counting. :yes:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:23 AM

Not a problem, would be happy to drag you and a trophy up to Broomfield and to his shop.

then lose your airline tickets...( or exchange them ) for an elk over the counter tag and go chasen some elk :)

you wife would understand :) really she would :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

Looks good Bruce! Now, we gotta get you up here for an Alberta whitetail, mule deer and speed goat, :D :boone:

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Oh man don't tempt me :) then don't tell my wife, I'm considering it :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:07 PM

Still just an absolutely awesome animal.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#9 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

Yes and they taste good too!!

#10 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

Bubba; Bullwinkle is looking good. He will make a stunning mount to your future trophy room with the fireplace. :bigthumb: Next time, you will have to try taking one with two sticks in your hands at 4 yds ! HH in Pa

#11 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

7 days trying to find that big boy.....I'm thankful just for the possibility of a 300 yard shot with a rifle :)

The back 1/2 of the hide we had tanned and made a couch throw out of it. didn't count on it covering the entire back of the couch...plus some...but it sure looks awesome as well :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#12 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:04 PM

Simply awesome Bruce. Another round on congrats are in order! :clap:
Posted Image

#13 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

:clap: Awesome trophy I am sure it will bring back the hunt from memory every time you look at it.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#14 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:29 AM

Nice looking moose and a great looking mount Bruce. Now I don't think a lower 48 Moose would compare to that one but if I draw a tag watch out. It may not be the size of the moose I get but its going to be shocking to see me with my head shaved, because I have vowed if I draw a Montana moose tag I'm shaving my head because it may be the only moose tag I get.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users