• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

I have been trying to locate a spring bear but have only came up with ''trax shoupe''. Two weekends ago I came on some fresh bear trax and though I might get lucky by going above the trax on the next switch back but I never cut the track again but I did surprise a mountain lion setting in the middle of the road and that lion sure left Dodge in a hurry. The only reason I didn't pursue the bear further is because the snow was up to my waist and very hard walking. This last weekend my neighbor shot a bear before we got to him bummer, but the good news is we came upon an even bigger bear track. We think this bear might be close to a seven foot bear by the width of the track.
Here is the big guys track still steamin. we couldn't catch up with him because the snow was just to much. So instead of running him clear out of the country we left him alone in hope we can catch him on a grassy hill side.
Posted Image
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:01 AM

Good Luck Robert !
How long is the Spring bear season there?
Posted Image

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:01 AM

:eek: That's one of those deals where you keep one eye back behind you to make sure you're not the one being hunted. That's a big old boy you're chasing there!
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:05 AM

Best of luck RobertR! Sounds challenging but fun. :boone:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users