Magnus

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Just figured I would share...

Like many, I switched from the Gobbler Guillotine to the Magnus Bullhead after snapping off Guillotine blades multiple times. The Bullhead just seemed a far more sturdy design - and it is. (It also flies a ton better!)

Unfortunately, I missed a gobbler a couple weeks ago. (Well, technically the arrow was deflected off a stick I didn't see between the bird and I.) The arrow proceeded to fly off course and crash squarely into a tree. Upon impact, one of the Bullhead blades was bent and the threaded portion of the ferrule snapped off down inside the arrow insert. After a few minutes of searching, the Bullhead was located. Truthfully, I expected it to be in far worse shape given the impact.

When I got home I remembered reading that Magnus will replace any damaged heads. I jumped on the Magnus web site, but found nothing in print on the matter. (Such as any rules or stipulations for returns etc.) So, I figured I would just give it a try. (What did I have to lose but a little postage? The head was already toast.) I disassembled the head, placed it in an old pill bottle and wrote a letter chronicling what had happened. I told them that I would understand if the replacement policy did not apply to me as the damage was my fault and not really from normal use.

Well, today, only about a week after mailing off the broken Bullhead, I received a package from Magnus. It contained one new Magnus Bullhead - no questions asked. To me, that's just great service and pretty quick too.

I'll be taking a close look at the Magnus Snuffer SS for my whitetail broadhead this fall. :thumbsup:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

That's a great account Jeremiah.

Snuffers are proven heads.
Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

I haven't shot either head but Magnus has a great reputation. Your story just piled on more to it. Thanks for sharing it. And if you take a tom with the notorious head separator Bullhead please share the pics. :D
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

There will be an article coming if I'm able to connect this spring. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

Great report, Jeremiah.

I had already made up my mind that I was going to use Muzzy MX-3 broadheads this fall. After reading your report, I think I might pick up some Snuffer SS broadheads to try. They look pretty tough.

#6 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:21 AM

i switched to magnus stingers this year ,there gaurantee and customer service is great!
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#7 kcmack

kcmack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:29 PM

I have only tried some of the older ones, I am still hunting with the NAP Spitfires and Thunderheads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users