• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

So far my spring gobbler season started in Kansas the middle of April where I saw several longbeards and missed a perfect chip shot at one then was skunked from then on. I went to Mo to hunt with Spirithawk immediately after that but the weather and closed beaked birds did us in. Man it was great to hunt with Norm and Jason. Even though we did not score on turkeys we sure scored on a great friendship. After that it was a two day drive back to PA and have been turkey hunting 4 and 5 days a week since early May. Eric and I did score on jakes about a week ago but the longbeards have eluded us at every turn. The excitement continues to run high as every day has brought a new adventure. What with the bear sighting the other day and just this morning I called in a jake to about 5 feet where he stood and putted and purred for over 5 minutes. What amazed me was I called so softly that Eric sitting less than 50 yds away did not hear me but that jake knew exactly where that hen sound had come from. Nothing separated me from him but a stone fencerow. I could have knocked him over the head with the gun barrel he was that close. we have one more week of turkey hunting and several gobblers located so another story may be forthcoming.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

Glad you're having fun with Eric. Keep after them my friend. I'm betting you get one yet.

Oh yeah, DON"T FEED THE BEARS! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#3 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:21 AM

Where are the pictures Paul?
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#4 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

You aren't done yet are you? When does PA end. Feel free to extend your season. Maine closes 06/06.

Did someone say pictures?
Your eye in the northeast sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users