Looky What I Got!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Posted Image

NOT the bow, the press!
Well, okay, I haven't actually received it yet. But, I was told it will ship Tuesday. :clap:

I figured with the Apex on the way (and three bows already in the house) I will have some serious tuning to do. So, what we have here is an "EZ Press style" bow press that also happens to have a drawing/shooting attachment. That's right, in addition to a shop-quality press, daddy just bought himself a literal bow shooting machine! I can't wait to get all of my target arrows indexed and flying to the same hole on the target. (No more excuses for missing, I guess. :unsure: )

Of course, this also means I'll finally start getting more tuning video tutorials online in the articles section. First up will probably be basic peep install and string change. Yay for HR! Yay for me! :lol:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:54 AM

Jermiah that is a good addition to your tuning tools. Of course if you remember I have had mine that I made for years and I would like to do some redesign so I could use it for a shooting machine also.
A bow press is a must have for changing strings. peeps, fall away rest tweaking strings and serving the string in general.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

wish you guys were closer....so I could sponge off the masters :) ...your knowledge that is :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:52 AM

wish you guys were closer....so I could sponge off the masters :) ...your knowledge that is :)

X2! :bigthumb:

WAY COOL archery shop necessities and working bench.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:52 PM

Nice!

So, now do I have a place to send my Switchback for some super tuning? ;)

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Nice!

So, now do I have a place to send my Switchback for some super tuning? ;)

Maybe once I get the bow force mapper, chronograph, decibel meter, and string jig. :shock:

sig_admin.png

#7 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:19 PM

Jere: Congrats on the new purchase. A good man behind good tuning equipmet, a great combination. I will be looking forward to the new DYI articles. Have fun and good luck. HH in Pa :boone:

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

Well, she arrived today! Very good press. Quite smooth. It takes a little getting used to not being able to just sit the bow in the press and crank (like with the Apple's or X-Press I've always used). But, once you get used to the fact that nothing is touching the bow except those fingers on the limb tips - which means you must hold on to the bow with your free hand when pressing or unpressing - it's a breeze. Change over from bow to bow is nothing more than lengthening or shortening the press! You may also have to adjust the finger width if you have wider or narrower limb gap like going from a Mathews slim limb to a Hoyt split limb, for example. But, it only takes a few seconds. (I'm going to make up a set of wood shims to go between the fingers for each popular type of bow I press to make it even faster and more precise.)

I had plans on getting some pics, but, honestly, just carrying the box into the basement, assembling, and tinkering with a bow for a few minutes took it out of me. (I'm laying here now with the laptop. My back, feet and shoulders all feel like I went the distance with Rocky. :( ) Maybe tomorrow. (Incidentally, tomorrow is when the other shipment of shop goodies is slated to arrive. :D )

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users