1 reply to this topic

#1 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:44 PM

My old computer I gave to my mother in law. It runs win 98. I'd had gotten it used from a friend and when I got my dell xps 2-3 yrs ago I gave it to my mother in law. Now her avg wont update anymore because she has to use version 8.5 but since its win 98 it wont accept it. Im looking for another verision of windows like me, nt. Heres the stats on it.

Pentium 2- 350

384 megs of ram

30 gig hard drive ultra 66 drive

Hercules g-force 2 graphics card

Sound blaster live sound card

Did I mention it was old? I dont know if it'll work xp or not. Im not comp savy I just know how to work programs and play games. If anyones got a system disc they dont need anymore thats collecting dust with your commadore or atari, please let me know.

#2 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

You might have a difficult time finding a disc for an operating system that old..Many programs will not run on them anymore...And, Microsoft will not carry updates/upgrades for them either..

In fact, they are supposed to stop support for XP soon...That's how they force people to update to a new operating system....
That computer is pretty much of an albatross and has to be very slow....

I'd look around for a good sale at Wal mart and pick her up a new one..Can get one now/at times for between 300 and 350$.
Leep:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users