1 reply to this topic

#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:56 AM

I posted this pic in another topic, but look at the deer 3d target. Look at the base of the target. Do you see the 4x4's? I stole the idea from our bow club's indoor 3d shoot setup. Simply connect two 5' pieces of either 2x4 on edge or 4x4 with a hinge - any old hinge - and drill two holes in the top on each leg large enough to stick the rebar and viola'! Now you have a cheep, portable, 3d target stand that can go anywhere, move easily and store easily without taking up much room.

How do you guys do it? Do you leave your target in one spot? I find that moving my targets around periodically makes it easier to mow, keeps the practice fresh and makes me concentrate on the shots more. I'm a better 3d shot because I move my targets around a great deal.

Posted Image

Here's one that shows the leopard and it's base (I know, I've put on some weight - I'm working on it - Jer inspired me):

Posted Image
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:02 AM

You might also notice I have a bag target stand complete with roof. I used left over lumber to build the roof structure, left over shingles to cover it, two 4x4 posts I found...the only thing I bought was the chain to hold the target up. By keeping the target off the ground and dry they last a long, LONG time. It took me two years of shooting to shoot up one bag - that's a lot of shooting. My son and neighbors use my range too.

The bag target is at the far end of the open field, which allows for clear and open practice (compound obviously) up to 70 yards if desired. My nect move is to build a backstop so I can practice long shots with my recurve.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users