6 replies to this topic

#1 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

From Memorial Day to Labor day every Sunday morning some friends and I have a church service in our local state park. We have singing and some speaking and some praying. The attendance varies alot on Memorial day we had 61 folks attend pretty good crowd.The next Sunday we had 9, they must have heard I was speaking. We have had all kinds of wildlife join our service. We have had deer several times and once we even had a bear. During the closing prayer that week three mink ran up the center without and invitation. Last week while the speaking was going on 2 chipmunks gave a performance as only chipmunks can do. You just never know what to expect, guess that is why I love it so much.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

Looks like a beautiful morning for your service today !Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

My friend Monk is speaking today he should feel right at home if the chippys come back.

#4 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:05 PM

Woodhick, I would really like to attend one of your services this year. So I hope to get the chance.

God Bless,
Chirp Chirp

#5 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

You and anyone else are more than welcome Dave. Just let me know if I can help make it happen.Posted Image Chirp Chirp!!!

#6 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 07:59 PM

That sounds awesome Harry. Is this something you started outside of your home church? I have service everytime I am in my stand.

Steve

#7 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

The church services at the state park were started almost 30 years ago by two older friends of mine. Bill and Mac maned the pulpit there for many years till they were just to old to go on. Mac died a few years ago and Bill is pretty feeble. They turned it over to my friend Troy who worked at it a few years and then asked if I wanted to continue the ministry. I jumped at the chance and my friends and I have been doing it ever since. We have about 6 to 8 guys that take charge of the services and I try to be there almost every week to make sure things go smooth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users