Pa Hunters - 06/15/09

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

Just a reminder... '09/'10 Hunting Licenses went on sale today.
Doe License apps start July 13th!

FYI, I ordered my license online this morning. The new system errored out on me two or three times. Once was even after it had assigned me a PAL number. (The PAL number stays with you for life instead of a back tag number that changes every year.) When I went back in it didn't recognize the number it had already assigned me and gave me another one. Goodness, I hope this didn't mess anything up.

The instructions didn't seem too very clear either. It says that you need to print your archery and muzzleloader stamps online when you first begin ordering. However, later in the process it tells you if you are ordering your general license at the same time as the stamps that everything will simply be mailed to you. But, then on the receipt page it talks about printing the stamps again. :wacko:

At this time, I think I'm just gonna have to recommend buying from the store. If not, just be sure to read everything very carefully and don't be surprised if you get errors that kick you all the way back to the beginning. :doh2:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:36 AM

I tried on-line yesterday to no avail but this morning was able to sail smoothly through the process.Posted Image ....now if Jeremiah will come to camp an be hornswaggled into checking over a bow er two ...I can start getting ready for the upcoming fall !Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:59 PM

I went to my local sports shop yesterday morning and got mine. It only took over an hour to get the machine to work properly. I picked up my gen license, archery, muzzleloader and furtaker tags all at a cost of $0,000,000.00. Yea it was my renewal of my Sr Lifetime License Combo. I felt so good about that I bought a brick of 22lr (the first I have seen) for $20 amd a pound of IMR 4198 powder. I did notice that the current price of real BP there is about $25 for GOEX and about $32 for Swiss. OUCH
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 02:18 PM

It never fails here. First there's never anybody in the sporting section to help ya. Then when you finaly do get someone, they don't know how to operate the machine to print out your tags or lincense. Thennnn, when they go get someone who does know how....the machine don't work! lol Jason actually got his last deer tag free because he bought it late at night and after it was printed out the store clerk discovered he didn't know how to ring it up. lol

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

This is the first year for PA in the automated sales and no one knows how to operate the machines. The instructions are not clear or in error. What else could go wrong. The system goes down. Also since this is the first year the clerk has to enter all your info. Once everyone is in the system then the system will be able to bring up saved info so next year will be easier.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 18 June 2009 - 06:30 PM.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

This is the first year for PA in the automated sales and no one knows how to operate the machines. The instructions are not clear or in error. What else could go wrong. The system goes down. Also since this is the first year the clerk has to enter all your info. Once everyone is in the system then the system will be able to bring up saved info so next year will be easier.

It's been that way here for quite some time. problem is, you have to have someone with brains enough to operated the machine.

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

I tried on-line yesterday to no avail but this morning was able to sail smoothly through the process.Posted Image ....now if Jeremiah will come to camp an be hornswaggled into checking over a bow er two ...I can start getting ready for the upcoming fall !Posted Image

I got your e-mail about the upcoming work weekend. I'd definitely rather be in camp busting clays than sitting here typing on the computer. I don't think I can make it though. I've got the full pro shop set-up in the basement now. (Still short one chronograph, but everything else is here.) Maybe you need to come this way? :lol:

sig_admin.png

#8 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

Got mine at walmart yesterday. The clerk said the only problem he's had so far is the senior lifetime tags. Apparently the system doesnt recognize they've had it before and have to call harrisburg to add it to the system so they can issue one to the customer.

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

I've heard other reports of problems at the stores too. :doh2:
I know, for me, I'm a little nervous. They seem to have taken
my money, but I never did get a confirmation e-mail of the order.

At least now we know why they moved the dates up so early.
And here I had just about convinced myself it was to get doe tags
into the hands of the hunters before archery season begins.
(Should have known it was just because they expected tons of problems. :lol: )
This is making me think I should have just been happy to get my tags
in the same calendar year as the actual season I bought them for.

sig_admin.png

#10 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:06 AM

Just another reason for ya'll to move to Colorado....Posted Image LOL.....Posted Image
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the invite Huck but are you sure that Colorado is ready for all of us. Lol

#12 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:01 PM

I was just thinking, "Are you sure your guest house can handle me?" :P :yes: :P

Well, my license arrived in the mail today. Yep, it's about 3 feet long and folds like an accordion. :doh2: Kinda cool though. I love how it's going to fit into my Zip-Loc fishing license holder. (No more license holder flipping open in the woods. Had that happen to me one year. Thank goodness I was hunting with a buddy who noticed my license was gone and we were able to backtrack and find it.)

I do also like how the doe application process has gotten less anal. No more having to write everything out twice and then triple checking every little thing, including that you are sending it to the proper issuing agent. It just seems easier.

sig_admin.png

#13 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:29 PM

My neighbor was once ready to kill his wife for her making one little mistake on the app. She forgot to circle the number of applications in the envelope and they returned it without processing it. I never saw a man so mad at his wife as that.

#14 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

My neighbor was once ready to kill his wife for her making one little mistake on the app. She forgot to circle the number of applications in the envelope and they returned it without processing it. I never saw a man so mad at his wife as that.

Maybe a little overboard there. :shock:

I just know I was actually afraid to fill my own out for probably the first 5 years I hunted. I would always have dad do it. :lol:
Then, it got to the point where I trusted no one. I always did my own and would check everything about 10 million times before mailing. The whole process just made me really paranoid the way they would reject apps for even the smallest oversight, as you so aptly pointed out.

Truth be told, the first thing I did when I saw the simplicity of the new application was to look through the digest and online to see if it was for real. I thought sure there had to be a catch. I was definitely expecting the same ol', "Fill this out on both sides", deal. :doh2: LOL

sig_admin.png

#15 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Got mine at walmart yesterday no problems. Jr couldn't get his we forgot his SS #. I know what ya mean about those application though My dad always has me check his and I check mine a couple times to make sure all is ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users