• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 12:58 PM

:D Any of you folks that want to kick back for a couple days in the mountians of Northcentral PA are invited to the Black powder/archery/claybird shoot again this year. Axe chucking, horseshoes, ATV jousting, Snoring contests are opitional! We have lots of room ! ;)

Edited by Phil, 04 June 2006 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

This is the third one we have had I have been there for all. If there is any way you can get here we have a ball. I hear and I do mean hear that MD already won the snoreing contest. :lol:

#3 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:18 PM

oh I so want to be there!
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#4 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:33 PM

wont be able to do it phil that weekend is when we have to go to Michigan and pick up my daughter :'( :curse:
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:39 PM

ATV jousting

I don't care who you are, that there was so much fun last year I promise that I will have pics of that from this year. :yes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

Where else could you so easily meet a group of friends that all belong here on this site too. Hey where else could you meet up with a bunch of strangers while you are packing a rifle or shotgun and be welcome as part of the crowd. I sure was hoping that at least charles and Al from western PA might be able to come. Hey maybe even RicF might come in from Ohio. Bring your muzzleloader, or 22 rifle, your shotgun and some shells and oh your sense of humor and join the fun.

We might even persuade woodhick to reenact his world famous shot from last year. :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 04 June 2006 - 08:52 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 RDinMontana

RDinMontana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

:'( :'( :'( :'( :curse: :curse: :curse:

Dang it Guys,
Had a Ball Last year (ATV Jousting is a sight to see) Have a great time and wish I could be there

#8 BrandonT

BrandonT

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Anything outdoors!

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:04 PM

Don't think PA is close enough to TX to tell the boss I'll be back a little late for lunch one day, is it?? :huh:

You guys have a good time! Wish I could make it as well. :(

BT
BrandonT

#9 RDinMontana

RDinMontana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:31 PM

PS. If anyone stays the night up there watch out for "THE BAG OF TRUTH" otherwise everyone will hear all your secrets at night. (But I have to admit I slept well, don't know about how well Will and the rest of the guys slept :lol: :lol:

#10 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:06 AM

Man , i'd sure like to be there as well .I'm going to work on this for next yr .if one is held sounds like you guys had a blast .

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#11 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:32 PM

sure would like to be there with you all but am in the process of moving still...hopefully 2 more days will get-er-done... :lol: :lol: :lol: you all have a blast and take pic's....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#12 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:49 AM

Man I better get a god paying job because with all the trips I want to take I'll be flat broke :blink: :lol: I REALLY want to see ATV jousting :rofl: :lol:

Run
-Eric

#13 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

R&G no matter what a future job will be paying you, you will not have enough. I have some pretty impressive looking guns in my stable but amongst them sits a cheap old Mossburg bolt action 20 ga shotgun. Now that shotgun was my first gun ever. It's cost was $28.95 and I was about your age. That figure which now won't even half fill my gas tank at the time was as big as the National Debt. I had to lay away that shotgun and make payments - some less than a dollar but eventually I got that huge bill paid off and it was all mine. Yes I still have it, no it is not a great gun but because of how hard I had to work and save it serves as a humble reminder of the very deep feelings of joy and happiness a young boy had when he worked hard and succeeded. Set your goals high, research how to get there, work hard a step at a time and you will realize your dream. Word of caution though do not ever reach your goal. When you get close set the goal out further and keep achieving. Don't ever lose that young man dream and keep a reminder or two of your travel along the way.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#14 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

I am a little younger than Paul but not much and I agree whole heartly with what he said. I go with a little shorter version that a friend of mine used to use. " I may be gitting older but I refuse to grow up."

Edited by woodhick, 06 June 2006 - 04:45 PM.

#15 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:35 PM

If bonecollector was there-I'd put my money on him in the snoreing contest,hands down! :lol:
He is a true champion ! Go get'em Marty!
It sounds like it's going to be a blast-I'll have to keep this one in mind for next year(also, a great excuse to get out of the Texas summer heat!). Last time a went to Pa was on a 5 day bowhunt with old friend from Johnstown-that was a few years back. Have fun All!! Post some pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users