• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

When I am typing a post or a reply, I am getting a delay of 5 or 6 seconds till what I have typed shows up on the screen. I am not the fastest typist but I can get ahead of the speed that my typing shows up infact it is doing it right now. Is that my problem or a site problem.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

I can't think of anything site-related that would cause that, Paul. The forum is still just using static text input boxes. Everything is being done only on your side until you click "Post" after typing your message. (Then it's uploaded to the server.) It's not like a Flash or AJAX chatroom which is communicating with the server constantly.

On your side... I know on my laptop (which is underpowered) I will get cursor lag and sometimes typing lag if the processor and/or RAM is being significantly taxed. (Usually for me a couple applications open and maybe a virus scan running in the background too.) I'd check to see if you have any heavy background processes running you may not even be aware of.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

Thanks Jeremiah I did a few things here and it is better, not instant yet but much better.

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Sometimes I wish that I could beam myself to people's houses for a quick look. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

I too wish you could do that. How about it Scottie can you aim that transporter to my house. Lol

#6 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:57 PM

Sometimes I wish that I could beam myself to people's houses for a quick look. :D

I'm curious if he may have a virus or Trojan like a key logger..If you don't have a good virus and firewall program it is very easy to get in fected...

PC Tools was offering a free 1 yr subscription to their fine Spyware Doctor with anti virus...Anytime you have a problem that is affecting the running of the computer , and it is not hardware related..starter, alternator, rings are bad, LOL..it has to be software related...
Good luck and keep us advised..
Leep:
Posted Image

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:19 AM

Things are running pretty good now. I took the plunge and installed IE8. That has fixed slow running problems. I currently use AVG for protection. It has not found anything. Since I have gone to IE8 about all my problems have gone away. Since I have IE8 can I kill IE7.

#8 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

It should have overwritten IE7..AVG is ok but I would go and get the free version of superantispyware and run it. I bet you will find a lot of problems..Internet explorer is a problem in and of itself...Most viruses and Trojans are written for I.E.
Mozilla Firefox and Chrome are better choices..You simply have to have agood firewall...You need one of those and a good antivirus and a good malware program like the superantispyware... Simply relying on just one will get you into trouble. I know, I have cleaned up more friends' computers, along with my own, than I care to remember..If I have to reformat another computer, including my own for at least another few months, I'm gonna lock the door and quit answering the phone...

Again, I can't stress enough, you need all three mentioned above and they need to be kept up to date..If it's a money problem and you really need a good Pro version of a firewall and antivirus P.M. me and we'll get it taken care of....

Take care..
Leep:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users