Photo

Backup Release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Backup Release (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you pack a backup release

1. Yes (5 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. No (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:11 AM

I have read article after article plus posts after post about backup bows but do any of you guys or gals pack a backup release? It can mess with your whole hunt if you don't have a release unless you shoot off fingers.

I know I have one backup release in my hunting back pack just in case I forget it or loose or drop it from a stand. I have seen one break at the wrong time during a hunt and a backup came in handy.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

I sure do!

It pays to practice with both too because sometimes even when they are the same brand/model release one can change your POI a little over the other until you get them both set the same. (Trigger pull/travel etc.)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

I've seen Jason get to his tree stand only to have to turn around and make a quick dash home to get his release. He's also had a release come apart on him. He now has three releases and makes a point of being sure he always has one right with his bow. The other two are kept in his pack.

#4 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

No. Not yet anyway. :blush:

I've been kicking around the idea of getting one of the new Carter index trigger releases though. I'm so comfortable with my Two Shot, it would be tough to replace it as my number one release. As I've said the last few years, "maybe next spring." :doh2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users